Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Way Off Target

Just in case anybody was worrying that Target was too good to be true (and let’s admit it, we were ALL thinking it), allow me to alleviate your fears:
No.
Target is NOT too good to be true.

Because the same people who brought us reasonably priced pajamas and papyrus greeting cards and that adorable bull terrier with the target around his eye have...apparently...brought us THESE find clothing selections:

I call this first piece The Ricky Ricardo:

Hey Ladies! Ever have one of those days where you’re in the mood to marry a feisty yet submissive ginge and sing at a Latin dance hall? How about those days when you look in your closet but just can’t find an appropriate outfit to wear to your local Pimp Convention?
And what about those cold winter mornings where you’re thinking to yourself, hey, it’d be great if I could sling a skinned otter around my neck to battle that winter chill?

Well, allow Target to answer your prayers. Pick up this coat for the low, low price of $39.99 and be the envy of every pimp, I Love Lucy fan, and frostbitten person you encounter.

And what about these beautiful skirts, which I refer to as The Courtney Love Collection?

FINALLY there’s a skirt in which I can go from giving BJs in a back alley for 8-balls to my ballet recital without having to change. Throw in some Lindsay Lohan knee-pad leggings and you’ve got yourself a highly versatile outfit that will have your next appointment behind the dumpster begging for more!



Here we have The Lumberjack Special:

What else can I say about this vest? The plaid proudly communicates “Resident of Montana,” yet the faux-fur-lined hood screams “playboy bunny.” And sleeves? Who needs them when you’re ensconced in layers of flannel and fake dead animals? What you got here is a vest that allows every aspiring pin-up to express her inner mountain man..until her arms freeze and fall off.

…and speaking of Mountain Man…
Nothing brings out your inner wild animal like The Yeti:

The Yeti is made from 100% recycled Yeti fur, skinned from only the finest Himalayan Yeti. Ever need a vest suitable for howling at the moon? Ever wonder what it would be like to wear a muppet? Than The Yeti is for you. Impress your friends! Intimidate your enemies! Spread your fleas! For the ultimate animal experience, The Yeti can’t be beat.


And finally, we have The Night Fever:

Perfect for those nights out at Studio 54, this leopard-print gem will make you the envy of everybody at the roller disco. Start your own “night fever” in this classy, stylish shrug that in no way, shape, or form makes you look like a prostitute.

Just make sure not to give anybody directions on the street while wearing it. You know…just in case the cops drive by.








16 comments:

anya said...

Oh my. Someone call the fashion police!!

adrienzgirl said...

OH me OH my. The economy has really gone to shit. Apparently TARGET is now outsourcing everything to China too. PUKE-O-RAMA

Elise said...

I'm surprised that you weren't accosted by the Target undercover guards, for taking pictures of their clothes. You could have been mistaken for a terrorist, planning to bomb their fugly clothes. Oh -- maybe you were --

Travis said...

I have seen every one of these articles of clothing in the school where I work.

Lord help us all.

Where can I get one of those blow j's?

Erin said...

Wow! That is some mangy looking fur especially on the Yeti vest. I realize it's fake, but DAMN!

Ashley said...

Shut up!
REALLY?


I haven't been to Target in a while, but I never, in a MILLION YEARS, would have imagined that these clothes would have infiltrated.

Ed said...

I'll take 2 of the red plaid winter vests for my friends Ellen Degeneres and Rosie O'Donnell.

phairhead said...

OH MY GOD! can we blame the 8 y/o Indonesian children that made this hideous garments? is there a woman out there that actually says "Hey I desperately need a vest that looks like it was shaved off of Chewbacca's back?"

Mr. Apron said...

This post was comic brilliance.

Oh, no-- the clothes are comic brilliance.

But you're pretty funny, too.

Lauren said...

LMAO! I live in Montana. And yes, you are correct. And will I see those vests on every tween I meet? Probably. I was just at Target last week and saw all these "beauties," and was like "WTF Target?" Work with me here! Chubby girl + fur = Unattractive wookie. And I don't wind to wind up looking like Chewie's redneck cousin, kthxbai.

Unknown said...

hideous....

all of it...

fucking target sucks ass.

Kell said...

Haha.. I went there one time and saw neon colored, see through rain coats. It was bad.

Kim said...

Wow. Those are pretty embarrassing. I haven't been in the Target clothes section lately. Now I'm glad I haven't.

Elise said...

Lilly, you are not going to believe this, but...plate of shrimp...getting off the train to 8th & Market this morning, I saw a woman dressed with one of those coats. The one with the faux dead animal fur on the collar. She was also wearing a gray seude fedora, and about 20 pounds of cheap costume jewelry, including bracelets and gigantic rings. I think she was aged 50 trying to be 18, or something.

Unknown said...

haha oh man, if you like making fun of this kind of stuff, you should come to italy. most women here are pretty classy, but then there's the occasional odd one out that makes you think you've died and ended up in post-soviet ukraine on casual friday. there is seriously that many frilly purple boot and metallic stilettos. Those fur target coats wouldn't be too out of place either.

Emily said...

I think the skirts are kinda cute though. Oh god, I'm going to get stoned, aren't I?