Tuesday, July 27, 2010

...Because the updated Blogger templates destroyed my soul...

Can we talk about how I went to post a blog a few days ago and my background had gotten all messed up?

Can we talk about how, when I went to fix it, I had to use this new-fangled Blogger template thingey?

Can we talk about how everything....EVERYTHING...then got screwed up and I ended up having to revert back to a basic blog template just to apply these new, SUCKY templates to my blog?

And finally, can we please talk about how my blog is essentially ruined and I lost everything, including my widgets, my pictures, my recommended blogs, and my hits counter.

In summary, the new Google Blogger can eat a big, fat dick.

I'm devistated. The blog that I lovingly maintained for almost 2 years is gone. Sure, the text is still there. But all those little things that made the blog mine have been taken away.

I'm wondering if it's a sign.
Because, let's be honest, I haven't been blogging lately.
My life is just too full of activity and too devoid of the pent-up rage that I need to write funny, creative posts.
And now my blog - well, everything that made the blog mine - has been replaced with a gay background and a picture of a cat with a lime on it's head.
And I'm not saying that a disgruntled cat wearing a fruit hat isn't funny....but is it me???
I suspect not.

So I have a hard decision to make.
Do I plunge forward with this fresh, new, horrible blog, or do I hang my hat up for a while?

Decisions...decisions...

9 comments:

Moooooog35 said...

The new Google Blogger can suck a big fat dick?

Um..

Do you have it's number?

phairhead said...

Maybe just a sabbatical...yr too funny & talented to retire

Kim said...

PLUNGE FORWARD.....PLUNGE FORWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

Oh no! How horrible! I agree with phairhead

PorkStar said...

DO NOT HANG YOUR HAT or anything else regarding this blog. Also, i may need to speak to you regarding something personal.... email me if you can pls

Ed said...

Don't you go anywhere, damn it!

Sorry, I just let the dog out.

What were you sayin?

Unknown said...

DOOON'T GOOOO.

adrienzgirl said...

I absolutely loathe the new blogger shit! BUT...I love you so don't go anywhere damnit!

Julia said...

i say plunge forward, and treat yourself to a well-deserved blog make over WITHOUT using the new blogger designer.

do you not have your old template saved anywhere? you could always revert back to an old old version and work from there. Or pick the most basic blogger design.

p.s. it doesn't really matter, im pretty sure most of us read in you google reader anyway. i wasnt even aware of the new design until you mentioned it :)