Monday, October 13, 2008

Coconut Ass



My car smells bad.

It's not really surprising since I spent most of my summer hiking and camping and riding horses and working out. Through these activities, I've gathered a rather unpleasant array of scents including (but not limited too) horse manure, pesticide, sweat, smoke, slim jims, old socks, and antibacterial spray. Add to this certain odd grouping of mothballs (thanks for the tablecloths, grandma), and wet/dry dog (Jericho loves a good car ride), and you've got a malodorous recipe for disaster.

I've decided I can live with the fact that my car will never be shiny, dentless, or scratch free. I've learned to live with the squeaking of the glove compartment when I drive over rough terrain, and the fact that the headlight on the left will always be brighter than the headlight on the right. I've learned to live with a lot when it comes to my POS car. But this pretty bad. I think the smell is even offending the dog, which is never a good sign.
There's only one prescription for this problem and it begins with "Yankee Candle" (hey, why go to all the trouble of cleaning out my car when a quick fix is just a "Mcintosh apple" or "Warm brown sugar" away?). After much perusing, I settle on "Coconut bay." Not particularly festive, considering the season, but it comes in a handy-dandy 3-pack, and I can't resist a good bargain.


Ca-Ching!


Out to my car to install my little tropical-island-in-a-plastic-wrapper. I breath in. I smile. mmmm...coconut....
Problem solved!



Cut to 12 hours later when I hop in my car to go to work. I sit down. I breath in. I....don't...smile. Instead of masking the scents in my car, my Yankee Candle air freshener has decided to simply mingle with them. My glorious coconut scent has gone slumming, and is hanging out with the slim jims and pesticide smells. Now I smell mothballs and old socks and sweat and horse manure....AND coconut.




My car smells like coconut ass. *sigh


:-(

No comments: