Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Touching Base and FYI...I'm Not Dead. Yet.

I'm going to borrow a phrase from my good friend E over at Flukes and Flames.

Stuff Going On (or SGO, for short)

Dudes, I have a massive case of SGO right now.
Which explains both the fact that I haven't posted much of late, as well as the fact that I still haven't come to terms that March is over and April is in full swing. As in, I can't really remember the past month because I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
Or...like a Milo on 10 lines of pure, uncut Columbian blow

Whichever image you prefer.

The freelance writing thing? Is going fantastically, frantically, horribly well. Maybe it's because I have a hard time saying "no" (TWSS), but the work is piling up BIG TIME. And no doubt - I'm thrilled with the extra income and the fact that we can go back to our lavish lifestyle of using shampoo instead of dish detergent and feeding the pets instead of making them hunt each other.

It's just that....well...I'm down to my last pair of "laundry day" underwear.
And I haven't seen the bottom of the sink since March.
And dammit - it's nice out and I WANNA GO OUTSIDEEEEEEE.

Needless to say, time management is kind of an artform at the moment.

And then there's the horse thing.
My good friend up and started a lesson barn approximately 5 miles from my house. And god help us all, she's asked me to be the other instructor.
And it's not that I'm not good with kids. Surprisingly, they love me. It's just that reining the potty mouth in has been a challenge unto itself, and on top of that:
WHAT, exactly, is my motivation to go home and sit in front of the computer all day when the sun is shining and I have a barn full of horses at my disposal?

If you're at a loss...that makes two of us, my friend.

So right now I'm sunburned and dirty and smelly and happy and REALLY behind with my freelance work.

In other good news...Brian is not going to lose his job.
In fact now, it seems, he might be up for a promotion.
Is anybody else confused by this drastic change in events?
But that's the (ahemcough Insert Township Name Here) Fire Department for you - never a dull moment.

PS - dear (ahemcough Insert Township Name Here) Fire Department:
Thanks for the heart attack. You owe me $80 for therapy copays. And a new pair of pants (shock does terrible things to my bowels).

So everybody is working and everybody is (relatively) happy.
But the SGO?
Still present and VERY MUCH accounted for.

I'll post again when I find a free minute. Until then, enjoy this blog of cute things falling asleep.

You're welcome.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Yayy Horsies! Horsies need to be your new Freelancing.

Do you think this comment will get me punched in the face?

Mr. Apron said...

SGO?

So, you're finally coming out, right?

God, I can't wait.

Ed said...

You were missed.

Unknown said...

sweet holy busy girl.
you're missed.

Unknown said...

You write like a sleep, in splendor.


http://drewrowland.com

anya said...

You go girl.

Elise said...

Sounds like things are looking up for you -- thank goodness.

I'm still trying to get over an entire blog dedicated to things falling asleep...

Julia said...

i'm thrilled to hear everything is not just looking up, but seems to be jumping up and down! :)

i just passed a period of anxious uncertainty (waiting for my grad school application responses) which, after a rocky beginning (a few rejections)finally concluded in a glorious ending (being accepted to Columbia University!),so I feel you on the uncertainty front, and I join you in the celebration of good news all around!

cavy said...

oh honey - when i run out of underwear, i go buy more! haha :)

adrienzgirl said...

Glad to hear things are looking up!