Monday, March 30, 2009

6 Days Left

Well, my back-to-work countdown had begun anew.
I have 6 days of freedom left and then it's back to the coal mines for me.
Sigh.
This has been quite an experience, and although you couldn't pay me to re-break my wrist and go through surgery again (that's a lie - you could, but it would have to be at least 5 figures), the last week of disability is shaping up to be pretty good. Things are almost back to normal, other than the fact that I can't (shouldn't) drive or do anything too strenuous with my right hand, and life is starting to feel more like a vacation and less like a lay-up.
Good stuff.
After a highly-productive 4-day with Brian, he's back to work, but not before we managed to lay 3/4 of the carpet in the basement and began to tame that acre of out-of-control wildness we call the yard. Again, not being able to fully use my right hand has hindered my ability to really get down and dirty out there, but I managed to clean out the window box and start moving some of the rock along the walkway that somebody thought would look prettier than flowers and shrubs. I disagree. So the rocks have to go. And let's be honest, moving heavy rocks is a GREAT job for Brian, so he's been recruited for this job. Too bad he's working today, or I could make more progress. How dare he go to work when I have flowers to plant!

It's also running season again. Hooray! New sneakers, pants, and sports bras have been purchased, so the only thing left to do is get out there and get running.
Which I did today.
Which pretty much sucked, because I could barely push out a mile :-(
But no matter - there are 5k's to be run, and I'm sure that I will meet - nay - EXCEED last year's longest run of 5 miles. I'm determined.

Soooo...as for the rest of today? I'm thinking along the lines of cleaning out my car (it's bad. It's REALLY bad), tidying up the house, and maybe removing the 2 million miles of blue painter's tape we have up on the basement walls and ceilings. And then a nap.
Because I can :-)

No comments: