Monday, March 23, 2009

Fitness Revival

I've pretty much decided that the only thing worse than exercising is not exercising, which is not by any means an ideal situation, but at least I know what my options are. While exercising is sure to leave me sweaty and huffing and puffing and checking the clock every 30 seconds ("you mean I've only been running for 5 minutes? What the hell!"), not exercising leaves me flabby and jiggly and lethargic and pretty much just not a person I want to be. So, I guess it's back to the gym for me. Or, maybe not the gym, because I'm not really cleared to drive, and although I did manage to drive to the gym on Saturday, I risked life and limb and a big "We're not covering you" from the insurance company. Not smart.

So while the gym may not be a good idea, lest I risk some life-altering bill after slamming into a Benz, I've decided that I will find a way to exercise, whether it be Wii fitness or jump-roaping or running laps around the front yard (yes, I've considered this and yes, I'm aware of how goofy I'd look). Where there's a will there's a way, right? And when all else fails, there's always people to drive me to the gym, when they're available. Luckily, Brian's brother Scott is inbetween jobs right now, which makes him SUPER available and a perfect target for some gym whining. Score.

To enhance my motivation, I bought some great new work-out gear at the outlets in AC yesterday. Honestly, is there anything better than buying brand new sneakers for $30? Heaven...
And did I mention that when I weighed myself on the reliable gym scale, I had lost 4 pounds, which was awesome, until i realized that I've been eating like a cow and the only explanation is that I've lost 4 lbs of pure muscle? How unfair is that? I've been robbed! Somebody call the police!
So I'm off to reclaim my rightfully earned muscles. I'm sure they're there somewhere, under the jiggly mess that I've acquired as a consequence of eating too many tastycakes (thanks, mom).

No comments: