Friday, January 30, 2009

Movin' On Up

Wow, lots of good things happening of late – I can’t say I’m not a little baffled by my stint of good luck, but it’s probably best not to ask questions and just enjoy the ride. The divorce process went from hitting-every-pothole-in-the-road bumpy to smooth-as-silk easy over the course of a week or so, and I’m happy to announce that with a little more luck, I should be a single woman come February 11th! Of course, I’m actually far from single, and of course, I have to be prepared for any curveballs that could still be thrown my way by the effin’ NJ court system, but all signs are pointing to divorce-land. It’s time to start a new chapter in my life, so I’m hoping to dot those “i”s and cross those “t”s and for the love of Pete, get this thing over with. On to bigger and better things!

Change is kind of the theme as of late, because, ironically, I’m also moving out of my apartment this weekend. This is great because: A) I’m officially moved in with my main squeeze (even though I’ve actually been living there for quite some time), and B) I won’t have to pay for rent and cable for February. Wahoo! But this is also kind of bad in the timing department because I’ve got a busy month of vacation and work travel coming up starting on Monday, and I’m kind of falling behind in all the stuff I still gotta do. No matter. Whatever gets done will get done, and whatever doesn’t…well…will be waiting for me when I get home.
Sigh.
But this ‘official’ move out of my apartment has kind of left me feeling a little more settled and at home in that amazing house of his…er…I mean ours. Poor Brian is slowly losing his bachelor pad one vase and wall-hanging at a time. He seems to be taking it in good stride, though. It’s all about turning HIS house into OUR home, and I think this transition is putting a smile or two on both our mugs. *takes a moment with that dopey grin on her face to reflect on moving in with Brian. Warm fuzzies abound…*

So, I’ve got about a million things to do between now and Monday when we leave for our fabulous winter vacation in Quebec including (but not limited to) moving out of my apartment, massive amounts of laundry, packing, gatherings Jericho’s crap together for a stay with Mom-mom and Pop-pop McVey, and perhaps taking part in the annual Mt. Holly Chili Cook-off. Okay, I’ll most likely just be hanging out with Carrie, Rob, Skip, and Erin and sampling delicious chili while THEY take part in the Chili Cook-Off, but I’ll take a little “fame by association.” And if I’m not mistaken, Brian is trying his darndest to squeeze in an early-morning game of “old school pond hockey” in the drainage area next to the house on Sunday (injuries are anticipated), capped off with dinner and a doggy-transfer at the McVey’s Sunday night. Monday’s adventures start at about 4:00am EST.
I swear, I didn’t know that 4:00 am even existed ‘till I met this kid.
Whew. I’m tired already.
So, stay tuned for NUMEROUS fabulous pictures of my Quebec adventure and hopefully a jubilant (and possibly drunken) announcement of divorce in the near future. Hooray for Fridays! Hooray for Vacations! Hooray for CHANGE!

No comments: