Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snowboarder Extraordinarre


First of all, can I just say that the picture above is the most ridiculous thing I've ever created? This, ladies and gentlemen, is the extent of my "photoshop" skills. I know...there are no words...just look downward and shake your head in pity and shame. It's okay, I don't mind - I'm doing it for myself as I'm writing this.
Second of all, I'm not one to toot my own horn - well, who am I kidding, I LOVE to toot my own horn - but can I just take a second to say that I am completely in love with snowboarding, and I think it loves me back a little?

This past Sunday we were off to Blue Mountain for "Snowboarding Part 2: Twilight Edition" (no, not "teenage vampyre" twilight, actual "time-of-day" twilight). It was even more awesome than last time, and over the course of about 10 runs, I went from "able to heel-slide down the slope without falling down" to "kicking out that hind foot and carving the slope like a pro." At least, that's how it went in my mind, but I have a wonderfully supportive boyfriend who also claims that I'm a quick study, as well as a powder hottie (thanks for the confidence boost, babe!)

Of course, faster speeds mean harder falls. Much harder. Not only does that result in sore bums and bruised knees, but - and maybe this is not a shared experience - when I'd hit the ground, all that snot that I'd been sniffing back would be expelled in a giant exhale...all over my face. The really interesting falls would result in a combination of snow being thrown in my face as my momentum hurled me down the mountain PLUS the aforementioned snot shower. I'd finally slide to a halt, my face covered in an icy mess of nose-juice and powder.
Love
I would then sit there, grinning like an idiot, attempting to wipe the snot/snow mixture from my face, absolutely convinced that heaven comes in the form of a snow-covered 45-degree pitch and a plank of polyethylene. My butt, on the other hand, is convinced that snowboarding is the devil's plaything and should be banned forever. Sometimes my butt and I disagree. It happens. Luckily, my butt has no veto rights. I have made an executive decision to declare myself (butt included) a snowboard junkie. Let the boarding begin! Hip Hip Hooray!

No comments: