Monday, February 16, 2009

The Day, In Haiku



The day, in haiku...

Driving in to work
Everyone has off but me
Anger simmers deep

Staring at the screen
I ponder C. difficile
Diarrhea sucks

Office goodies sit
Pastries tantalize my soul
Battles rage within

Lunchtime sun and air
Respite from my cubicle
The day is half done


Letters are jumbled
The afternoon grows heavy
It’s time for coffee

Five o’clock has come
We surge out like school children
Precious hours lost

Madmen in my lane
Make me swear and curse the gods
Use your blinker, ass

The fireplace burns
Warm hearth for my weary feet
Home is inner peace






1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh my god, I LOVE it! I of course especially empathize with the pastry battles. We should start collecting your writings to get them published. For reals.