Thursday, February 12, 2009

Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, I'm free at last

Well, I'm back in the office after a 5-day vacation, a 2-day meeting in Tampa and a quick trip to the Camden County Courthouse. I'm also extremely pleased to announce that after 11 months and the development of at least one ulcer...


I'm DIVORCED!!!!!!

Yesterday, at around 9:45am, the Camden County Court System granted me what I've been fighting so long and so hard for: a big, spankin', gold-emblemed notice of divorce.
Holy freakin' cow.
I don't think it's really sunk in yet that I'll never have to deal with that....person...again. But being able to say "I'm divorced" and not "I'm separated" makes a huge difference, and I'm slowly realizing that one of the ugliest chapters in my life is finally CLOSED. Well, put a padlock on that bad boy, because I'm on to greener pastures. I got my man, and I got my dog, and I got my cozy house on the creek. Life couldn't be sweeter.

....except, of course, for the mountain of work on my desk that's threatening to collapse and bury me alive, or at least steal my hard-earned lunch hours for the next weeks. I guess it's back to the coal mines for me. Ah well....life goes on.

No comments: