Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bonus Tuesday Night Post: I'm Drunk!

There are some nights when a fastidiously cooked meal by one's dear husband requires a glass or wine.
Or two.
Or three (give or take).

And here we are.
It's a Tuesday night and I'm three (give or take) glasses deep and I'm thinking, "Why not write a fucking blog?" Because, yanno, I'm on the computer ALL DAY LONG, so the natural thing would be for me to log in on my time off and write.

You guys...I think I might have a problem.

Hello, my name is Lily and I'm addicted to staring at computer screens.

Or maybe I just like to blog, and hell-ooo, I think blogging is a preferable way to spend one's time as compared to, say, playing Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Because I definitely did not just spend the last two hours playing Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Moving on...

Some shit went down tonight. Between certain individuals and me, but found out through a third party.
High-school style.
And I now have a knot in my stomach and am worrying about this ridiculous drama.
High-school style.

If I was in highschool right now, I'd throw myself on my bed and call my best friend and eat a pint of ice cream and write sad, moody poetry.
But I'm not in highschool, my bed is covered with laundry that needs folding, my best friend is sleeping on account that she has to work tomorrow, ice cream will make me fat, and poetry ain't my gig no mo'.

So I blog.
And drink wine.
And try to be exostential and shit, because I'm an adult.

This drama will likely be last weeks' news soon enough.
But for tonight, I'm all worked up.
And drunk.
Let's not forget about that. (it's the best part)

Oh, you guys...
I've been having a rough go of things.
I know it's kind of hard to tell, what with the retarded posts and goofiness and general merriment that my blog is known for. But it's true.
I've been finding myself in unfamiliar territory in several very large aspects of my life.

So I'm kind of wobbly, like a table with three legs, or a hooker with a broken stiletto (beause that image is not only way funnier, it's also more appropriate).

Sometimes I wish I could just pour my heart and soul out on this blog. To let loose and stop trying to be so god-damn entertaining and just be ME, yanno?

But this thing - this blog - has morphed into something else. And as grateful I am for it, sometimes it's not quite enough.

But it's all I have right now, so it'll have to do.

I'll continue with the song and dance because honestly, 9 times out of 10, it makes me feel better. But let it be said for the record that despite what I'd have you believe, there is more of me behind the curtain, and some seriously heavy shit weighing me down at times.

And tonight?
It's definitely dragging me down a bit.

Okay, I'm flagged. Three glasses (give or take) and five paragraphs later, I think I've shared enough for one evening.

Thanks for listening.
It means more to me than you'll ever know...

11 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

Oh my drunk ass little Lily. We all have more than just our snarcasms and wit going on behind the curtain, just like the Wiz over in Oz!

Feel free to let it rip, all highschool drama style on your blog. We will support you, flog you and we will help you get through your heavy ass shit.

Why? Why would total strangers be there for you? Cause we love you! And honestly, sometimes strangers can give you unbiased perspective better than those too close to the drama!

John said...

Anytime Lily. Don't mention it.

*looks at the blogger next to me and asks* wtf did she just say?

Mr. Apron said...

That was amazingly coherent coming from a drunktard.

I mean, "fastidiously?"

Really?

I can barely spell that shit sober.

Ed said...

I was soooo playing Rollercoaster Tycoon when you wrote this.

My park is the shiz.

Elise said...

I'm so square, I don't even know what the hell Rollercoaster Tycoon is.

Be well, Lily, and don't let the bastids get ya down.

Travis said...

I was just saying this same shit to someone last night.

The people want us to dance, so we dance.

When we go home at night and take off the clown makeup, shit gets real.

I'm with ya.

Kim said...

You should share these feelings more often...it might help.

And I think the hooker with a broken stilletto analogy was perfect.

Ashley said...

Feel free to talk about real stuff. I feel like you've got a solid enough fanbase that no one will judge you for being a real person.

Erin said...

It's your blog, you can bitch if you want to.

phairhead said...

i hate that bastard bullshit highschool back biting!

want me to kick some ass?

Elle said...

Either way, your blog is pretty damn fabulous - censored or not. Here's hoping you pull through things okay :)!