Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's Not Pretty, But It's A Post.

I've been seriously neglecting this blog lately.

First, it was all, "waaaaa I'm too busy to blog" and then it was all "waaaaaa I'm in too much of a funk to blog" and today it was about to be all "waaaaaaaa I have more important things to do than blog, like salt the walk and get quotes on how much it would cost to fill in the entire basement with cement"...

...but then I realized that, just like personal hygiene, if I don't MAKE the time to do it, things could go south real quick.

So I'm blogging, EVEN THOUGH my basement is filling with water from this most recent snowmelt + endless precipitation + angry, vengeful god combo.

I'm blogging EVEN THOUGH I had to run out in this mess first thing this morning to get 4 dozen red roses for a friend's wedding this Saturday.

I'm blogging EVEN THOUGH I have cramps that make me want to schedule a last-minute hysterectomy (ladies, you know what I'm talking about).

So there.

Except now that I've finished complaining about reasons why I SHOULDN'T be blogging ...I have nothing else to talk about.

Go figure.

I have cramps, the basement is flodded (yes. Again.), and I had to run errands this morning in this shit-for-weather we've been getting in Jersey lately.

My life is still up in the air, and my plan changes every day, which is super fun for Brian as he has to spend a good portion of every night explaining why I can't A) run away and join the circus, B) start a doggie daycare business in the backyard, or C) "just go barefoot and make babies for the rest of my life".

Not flexible enough...zoning issues...and apparently I'm meant for more important things than procreation alone, FYI.

My sister and I are still planning a trip, and while we've resigned ourselves to the fact that we probably don't have the time or resources to join an Ashram in India or hike and Annapurna Trail in Tibet, we're still determined to go on a soul-searching journey of the spirit.

Or to Disneyworld - We haven't really decided yet.

I finally - FINALLY - got more freelance work, some of which has the potential to be quite steady, so hooray for me and all that jazz, although this newest piece of information YET AGAIN changes what I may or may not be doing with my life.

And Milo still sucks, although my sister was managed to take this Ah-DORABLE picture of Jericho and Milo yesterday when they were post-run-on-the-beach exhausted.

...which almost makes up for the fact that Milo threw up on my sweatshirt this morning.

So that's my life in a nutshell right now.
Crappy weather.
Unending life uncertainty.
Cramps.
Flooded basement.
Cute-ish pets.
Potential new source of income.

Wish I had more exciting things to blog about....or maybe I don't, seeing as I've had just about as much as I can handle right now.

So if you could send some positive, "help me sort out my life" kind of vibes my way, that would be great.

Or better yet, do an Anti-Fucking-Rain Dance before the furniture in my basement floats away.
Yeah.

Do that instead.

13 comments:

Leah Rubin said...

I'd say that pretty much defines "full plate". And the dog throwing up on your sweatshirt just was the icing on the cake, so to speak...

I'm trying to send good vibes, and help you focus on the good news about the freelancing uptick! And I already have a call in to Mother Nature about the crappy weather here, so when she gets back to me, I'll put in a good word for NJ!

Unknown said...

disney world is fun....
wheeeeeewwww


hope things start shaping up for ya!

Unknown said...

Bless your heart.. ibuprofen is your friend with those cramps as well as a heating pad on high...trust me.. oh I so know the basement flooding issues.. I would call in a person who does basement sealing to stop that issue ASAP congrats on the new job..

Elise said...

Ah, the joy of basements. My neighbors just had a flood this morning...who knows, maybe ours is next.

Congrats on the freelance work. Sorry for the crampy stuff! feel better!

Anonymous said...

Nice post, worth the wait.
I'd go to Disney World.

Mr. Apron said...

Dear Lily--

I'm sorry about your basement. Mine's probably flooded, too, but I'm too scared to go down there to look.

And we only do laundry once a month, so, you know, I'll find out sometime in mid-to-late March.

I'm going to do that Anti Fucking Rain Dance for you, right on my desk at work.

carrie said...

Hugs.

That is all.

Ed said...

Maybe you need to spend the summer backpacking thru Europe. Isn't that what the kids do nowadays when the are trying to find themselves? Or is it heading to a South American hostel for some wild drinking and drugging activities only to wake up while your organs are being harvested? I always get those two confused.

Tgoette said...

So why can't you do a soul searching journey at Disneyworld? Sorry about the cramps and hope you feel better. And kudos for landing the freelance writing gig! Well done! I'll put in a good word to the big guy about the weather for ya.

Anonymous said...

Dog puke is just nasty!

I would pick Disney.

Emily said...

Hmm, the masses seem to be steering us toward Disney World...I can't say I'm disappointed because I'M FUCKING NOT! Snow White's Scary Ride, here we come!

Kim said...

Cramps will f*ck your entire life up. Basement floods will f*ck your entire life up. Put the two together and I'm surprised you're still standing.

And that picture is adorable.

kanishk said...

the dog throwing up on your sweatshirt just was the icing on the cake, so to speak
home jobs without registration