Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas is Go

'Tis December, and what better way to set off the holiday season than watching some goood, old-fashioned, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on the TV. We were delighted to find it was playing last night, so with pizza and beer in hand, Brian and I shuffled downstairs to relive our childhood for half an hour.


I thoroughly enjoyed myself, but I'll admit that I spent a great deal of time trying to "diagonse" the Grinch with a psychological diagnosis. Aspergers? Schizophrenia? Some sort of Social Anxiety Disorder? I guess we'll never know. Interestingly, I found myself comparing the Grinch to my Ex-husband, and slapping my forehead for never checking his shoes to see if they were too tight (which might have explained his distain for Christmas, and life in general). In my mind, the Grinch and the Ex could be the same person, if you replace the "Noise, noise, noise, noise" with "Right-wing capitalist agend" and "Commercial support of the Military-Industrial Complex." (boy, I don't miss THAT speech at all, lol).

I also noticed that the Grinch's dog (Max, right?) and Jericho were quite similar, right down to the sheepish "smile" Jericho wears when he's been berated for being in the way, yet again. Gotta love the Bud!













So, I guess it's officially Christmas. This Saturday, my plans for running a 5k have been replaced with plans on finding, cutting, transporting, and decorating the perfect Christmas tree. Hey, we gotta have our priorities, right?


And now, the phrase that I've been waiting all year to say....











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay I'm so glad you finally get your Christmas complete with a tree and most of all PRESENTS!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

We watched the Grinch too!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

anne said...

i feel the same way bout my ex...shoulda cheked his shoes????you are genius, why didn't i think of that. eh, actually gald to be rid of him.....hahahahaha