Monday, May 4, 2009

Bonus Monday Post: An Open Letter to Tastykake

Dear Tastykake

Let me start by saying I love your products. I really do. In fact, when I got an easter basket full of Butterscotch Krimpets lovingly arranged by my boyfriend, I was so excited, I peed myself. Not "practically" peed myself. Actually peed myself.

Seriously, you got the good sh*t.

But, in case you didn’t get the memo, it’s 2009. That means we’re almost a decade into the 21st century. We have a vaccine for chickenpox. We can clone farm animals that glow in the dark. We have blankets with SLEEVES for crying out loud!



So why, for the love of Pete, have you been unable to develop an icing for your Cream Filled Chocolate Cupcakes that doesn’t stick to the wrapper?

An icing that doesn’t force me to lick it from the wrapper like a Neanderthal while hiding in my cubicle at work?

An icing that doesn’t force me to lick it from the wrapper while my boss walks up behind me to discuss some work-related issue?

An icing that doesn’t force her to stop, mid sentence, while taking in the spectacle of me, wrapper to lips, face covered in icing and crumbs of chocolate cake, making noises that are uncannily similar to those made during sexy times?

Again, let me remind you that it’s 2009. If scientists have found a way to grow organs from stem cells, then you can certainly figure out how to keep your icing on the cupcake and off of the wrapper. Get it together, please, before I lose my job.

Sincerely,
A MotherF*cker Who Loves Her Icing

1 comment:

PorkStar said...

Totally agree but, in my case, it only happens with ice cream cone, cause that's the only ice cream i'd eat.. aside from Sundae.

Now, there has to be another rule for the bosses to take note of. One, do not disturb the employee while slurping the drops of ice cream from the napkin or wrapping, and second, do not disturb while sleeping, either at work or on way to work. Much less to talk about work.

ppsshshh