Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bonus Sunday Post: My Happy Place

I had a riding lesson last Tuesday, and I totally kicked ass and took names.

Having come back to lessons after a 10-year hiatus, I was feeling decidedly rusty and disconnected. To be honest, I've been kind of all over the place during the past few lessons.

It hasn't been pretty.

But this Tuesday, I got on and was like, aahhh, NOW I remember.
It all came flooding back to me, and I was suddenly the capable, confident rider I used to be.

This is me taking a few jumps. These jumps are tiny compared to the 5-foot monsters I USED to go over, but I'm still pleased that I managed to pull it off as well as I did.

(Pay no attention to my obnoxious trainer and the country music blairing in the background. He's a little...uh...UNTRADITIONAL compared to other trainers)



Man, there's something about horseback riding that always, ALWAYS puts me in my happy place.


Plus, if society ever ends as we know it and there's no gas for cars, I figure I'll be ahead of the game. I'll be all like, hahah, you suckas can walk and I'll meet you there.

BURN!

3 comments:

PorkStar said...

That's pretty cool. I'm sure I would have fallen off the horse as soon as it starts walking. Have you ever had the horse stopped dead on its tracks right before jumping and you falling? Those are good laughs to watch... not like I would laugh if it happened to you.

Or well maybe. OK I dont know.

Maybe : )

Lily said...

Pork: oh, yeah, that happens all the time. You're coming up the jump all, "okay, let's ROCK THIS SH*T" and before you know it, you're on the ground and the horse is staring down at you like, "GOTCHU, SUKKA"

Effing horses...

Does it hurt?
Hell yes.

Is it still funny when I see it happen to other people?
Hell yes

Wheels said...

PONIES! I want to take riding lessons!