Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bonus Sunday Post: Wedding Recap

Reason number 348234654903 why Brian and I are some sexy bitches:
May I present to you: The Moneyshot...
Oh yeah. You know you want us.

But I digress...

HELLLOOOOOO READERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Shit have I missed you guys, and I'm not even kidding about that. We could talk about how weird it is that I've missed a bunch of anonymous interwebz people, half of whom I've never met and half of whom I don't even know exist (because they refuse to follow me publically and hey, that's cool man, I can dig it, but you know that hurts my feelings, right? WHY ARE YOU ASHAMED OF ME?!?!?). But let's not talk about it, because that's a completely different, awkward conversation for a completely different, awkward day.

Have I lost you yet?

If I have, don't be alarmed. I'm all hopped up on medication because I may or may not have contracted Swine Flu in Bermuda. Talk about different conversations for different days...I'll fill you in on that little awesome story tomorrow.

Moving on...

The wedding was so amazing that I had to make up a new word to describe it: Scrumtrulescent (and if you can tell me where I got that line, I'll buy a steak dinner). The weather couldn't have been nicer, the ceremony couldn't have gone any smoother, and we couldn't have had a better bunch of friends and family who all pulled together to make it happen. If you're reading this and you were one of the people who showed up days and/or hours before the ceremony to help set up/decorate/cook/clean etc: THANK YOU times a million! We couldn't have done it without you!

I'd also like to thank the baby jesus...
(I kid)

So here are just a few shots from the wedding, taken from Carrie from BrickCityLove, also know as the hardest working friend/event planner known to man. She took these pics when she wasn't herding people or pouring champagne or working the PA system or doing a million other things.

I swear to god, she was like Wonder Woman, except she wore a blouse and sensible pants instead of a strapless unitard and knee-highs (on account of the dress code being "smart-casual" and not "superhero-elegant").

The flowers:




The cake:

The ceremony:



The toast:

I have a lot more pictures I could show, but you know what? Google Blogger is being a little bitch (yes, again) and it's taking me literally like 5 minutes per picture, so I'm going to have to concede defeat.

But you get the idea:
White dress
Flowers
Cake
Wedding-type activities.

It was great.

But now I need to go and rest. So tune in tomorrow to hear about my trip to Bermuda. I didn't get into any bar fights, but I did learn a valuable lesson about the benefits of hand sanitizer.

Intrigued?
Don't be.
It involves mucus.

A LOT of mucus.

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

I want to be the first to guess this so I'm gonna comment again in a second, but WILL FERRELL being the actors studio guy ftw!

I hope that's right. That's what came to my head haha

Jeanette said...

Alright, back after finishing the post. Everything looks amazing, especially the cake, I could go for some cake haha. Congrats again!

adrienzgirl said...

Ahh....look you dress up real nice! You look like......


wait for it.....


A PRINCESS! Ha! :P

Sorry you contracted some dreaded mutant Bermudian strain of H1N1! Gack!

But you did look b-e-a-utiful on your day!

PorkStar said...

Those are great pics and you both look so amazing!

Congratulations!!!!

phairhead said...

you look gorgeous!!! i'm really pleased you had such a wonderful day :D

Ed said...

Congrats!

What a BEAUTIFUL bride!

Grooms not bad either, if you like that sort of thing.

Welcome to the world of marital bliss, where every day is a choice between murder or suicide.

Glad you're back.

Now, get your ass to work bitch! I need some laughs!

anya said...

Yay! You're back!

Thanks for posting some pics - you guys do look scrumtelescentious...or whatever!

Organic Meatbag said...

Congratulations, weirdo!

Kim said...

Congrats! The pictures are gorgeous. Can't wait to hear about Bermuda!

Travis said...

So I totally asked you to roast me, and I swear I forgot all about the wedding. I'm the worst kind of ass.

I also gave you an award, and you damn well better give an acceptance speech!

I'm totally kidding. Y'all looked great!

Here's to the bride and groom, and wishing them a life of faith, love and happiness.

Emily said...

YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK!

Elise said...

Nice! You both look lover-ly.

Mr. Apron said...

There's a song you need to hear. Find on pandora or imusic or whateverthefuck these young married people are listening to today.

Stan Rogers, "The Flowers of Bermuda."

It's about a ship going down!

Perfect for you!

Well, perfect for you, now that you're back and survived the honeymoon and the overweight morons and special dance partners.

Unknown said...

looks amazing, congrats.

Erin said...

Congrats!! You guys are a gorgeous couple and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your dress.

Elle said...

That is SO money!! No joke!

You both look amazing...and that dress! Hot, hot, hot!!

Congratulations again :)!