Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Spastic Farewell (For Now)

All right, guys, this is it. My last day at work before the wedding.
I'm psyched.
And stressed.
And a little bit wild.

(and sweaty, from all of the above, mostly in the pit area. TMI?).


AND THEN my boss comes to me at 10:00 this morning and says "I need this done bytheendoftheday."

And of course it's not really her, but HER managers, who need this bytheendoftheday, but still, Jesus Christ, yanno?


So there's that.

And the pit sweat, which is irritating, to say the least.


So unless I manage to find a few minutes between now and the honeymoon (HAH!), I'll have to say adieu for now.


But never fear, I shall return on the 19th happy and refreshed and hopefully with some wonderful story about how I got into a bar fight with a dolphin.
Or something equally ridiculous, because that is how I roll, my friends.


So I leave you now to get married.
er...again.
And maybe beat up a dolphin.
(too smart for their own damn good, if you ask me)


14 comments:

Mike Sturm said...

Congratulations, and best wishes.

I make it a habit every time I am about to go on vacation or on a long journey, to stop for a second before departing and absorb all the kinetic energy around me. I breath that in, think about how excited I am to be going where I am going, and then breath out and go!

So make sure to take a moment right before you step out onto the aisle (or whatever path you walk down to meet your groom), breath in deeply, and survey the wonderful future ahead of you. RIght at that small point where your past meets your bright, bright future, it's truly a great place to be.

Travis said...

Go get em, kiddo.

I totally want you to think of something that reminds you of me before the wedding, so....

Flowers have eyes... They are watching you get married.... All those flowers.... Watching.... Waiting.... Flower eyes!!!

In all seriousness though, congrats and good luck!

Mr. Apron said...

As a married man myself, I'm tempted, as are most married people, to give advice to the about-to-be-married, fit-to-be-tied folks that they know.

Well, I'm going to resist the urge.

I'll just say, "Good for you." Goddamnit. Good for you. Marriage is fucking where it's at.

Like a dinner at "Friday's," make the best of it.

Ed said...

Congrats Lily.

Enjoy your break and Honeymoon.

Then get your married ass back here!

There's funny shit to write!


P.S. I hope all those pounds you gained from stress eating don't cause your dress not to fit. Just think about it.

anya said...

Best wishes! But I'll be honest. I will miss my daily dose of T.I.T.D. That sounds perverted. I like.
See you on the flip side, sistah!

phairhead said...

best wishes!!

Erin said...

Congrats! I hope you have a wonderful wedding day and a fabulous honeymoon.

adrienzgirl said...

So here's my advice, "It's a bitch to pee when you are wearing your wedding dress, so make sure you go right before you put it on."

That's all I got for ya babe!

Congrats!

f8hasit said...

Enjoy!

But be nice to the dolphins. Have another margareitta instead.
:-)

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

I just browsed your blog after reading about Carrie's cake stand project and you are funny, for realz. Congrats and come back quick because I can't wait to read more!

Kim said...

Yeay! Congrats!!!!!! Have a blast on your time off!

Elle said...

Have an AMAZING wedding and honeymoon! COngratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!!

Leah Rubin said...

Sounds like an extreme way to get some time off, but hey, whatever. KIDDING.

Have a great wedding and honeymoon-- I'll look forward to hearing the highlights, seeing some photos!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

this is the second post i've read from a blogger getting married - good luck to you! found you from travis and ed's funnies