Thursday, October 1, 2009

Go-Time

HolyShitHolyShitHolyShitHolyShitHolyShitHolyShitHolyShitHolyShit

As I'm sure you've surmised, at around 8:38 this morning, I officially hit the wedding panic button


Last night? “Oh, we have plenty of time. Let’s watch some TV.”

This morning? “I HAVE SO MANY THINGS TO DO THAT I WANT TO DIE.”


And of course, there are Birthdays. Two, in two days, that need planning and reservations and preparations made at the house for a small gathering.


And then my soon-to-be mother-in-law says, “What were you going to do for the rehearsal dinner?”

And I was all, “ummmmm, pizza and slave-labor?”


And I was serious.

Because the day before the wedding is not going to be some magical time where he goes golfing with his buddies while I go shopping and maybe get a massage, then we hold hands and skip to the chapel for rehearsal, and then go out to a lovely dinner where speeches are made and wine is drunk and everybody is mellow and happy.


No.


The day before the wedding is going to feel more like this:

Or maybe this:



Except at some point, my sister, mom, and I get our nails done.


So I wrote this blog, first thing in the morning when I should be doing other things related to…er…um…my job, in hopes that getting this panic off of my chest will quell my fears a bit.


But so far, it’s not working.

I’m still panicking.

And remembering more things I should probably get done sometime in the near future.


You, guys, I’m about this close to taking one of the sedatives that we got from the vet for Milo.


What?

We’re sedating the dog for the wedding.

Doesn’t everybody?

6 comments:

Kim said...

TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!!! Things will be okay.

Don't take the doggy pills...unless they're good for humans too. Then have a blast. :)

Erin said...

Do some of that labor breathing. That always works.

Also, great idea sedating Milo for the wedding. You don't want him peeing on your dress in excitement or eating your bouquet.

Ed said...

You better hurry! Your almost out of time! There's probably no way you're going to get everything done now!




Glad I could help.

phairhead said...

is it too late to elope?

adrienzgirl said...

HOLY SHIT YOU......need to calm down. Have a glass of wine, or three. Damn girl! Drink the whole bottle and everything will seem....better! :D

Kell said...

Well.. at least everything will be worth it!