Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bonus Sunday Post: Laments and a Shout-out

First, a shout-out. My friend and previous coworker Elise has a blog that I think deserves a little acknowledgment. Go check out Flukes and Flames. She's a cool lady, and I think you'll agree.

Next, I want to start off by saying that the weekend started out so good. The air was cool. I taught a few horseback riding lessons. We went to a wedding and I looked smokin' in my new dress and black strappy sandals.

And then...

The car did me dirty. It was 11:15 and I was slightly buzzed and headachey and anticipating a good night's sleep, and the valet dude came running up saying that my car wouldn't start.

He was right.

The car is still there.

And after calling our roommate Crystal to pick us up, we finally got home and what was greeting me when I walked into the bedroom?

My riding boot.
Chewed
(I hate Milo so much)

Today?
After our friend Chris fiddled with the car for 3 hours, he thinks he knows what the problem is, but the car is going to need to get towed, because he can't get the bad part out to put a new one in.
And then we got a call that Brian's grandmother passed away. They weren't terribly close, and she was very old, but still, it was kind of a shock.

It just....I dunno. Sucks.
Life kind of got us down today.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better, despite having to get the car towed.
Send positive vibes my way...

4 comments:

phairhead said...

sorry about the major suckage. boo!

thinking good thoughts for a better week

Elise said...

Thanks for the shout-out -- and may the Gods of All Things Sucky turn their butt-ugly faces away from you, and bring their misery onto someone else who deserves it more. Like Paris Hilton or Dick Cheney.

anya said...

~~~~~~~good vibes~~~~~~~~~~~

:)

Erin said...

I hope this week gets better!!! I had a car that would regularly not start- it was a Geo Metro. Piece of garbage.