Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Featured Follower

Okay folks.
Today, we’re going to do something a little different.

Since I’ve been all, “wedding, wedding, wedding” and “whine, bitch, complain” and “me, me, me” as of late, (even though really, isn't that what blogs are for?) I thought it’d be cool to send a little love back to the folks who support my daily bitch/whine/me-fest.

As a result, this is the first of a series of posts, called “Featured Followers,” in which I fluff my loyal readers’ egos and tempt anonymous readers to publicly follow my blog with offerings of fame, fortune, and sexual favors.

Because anybody can love their followers, but only I *love* my followers (if you get my drift).

Confused? Turned on? A little of both?
Excellent.

Anyhoodle, these followers are picked kind of at random, but also based on A) whether or not they have a blog (not to hate on those of you who don’t, but it’s hard to feature somebody based on their picture alone), 2) whether or not they update fairly regularly with quality blog posts, and III) whether or not I’d do them.

Just kidding about that last one.
Sort of

So, today’s Featured Follower is Erin over at Dharma Drama.

Why I want to do sexy times with her blog:
Erin rocks. I mean, first off, how many Buddhists do you encounter in your day-to-day life? And of those, how many of them are pretty and smart, yet self deprecating almost to a fault? Erin is a self-proclaimed Buddhist, trying steadily to incorporate the philosophies of Buddhism into a world where, let’s face it, material possessions are pretty much da BOMB (yes, I said “da bomb.” Now excuse me while I put on my Hammer pants and watch some Arsenio Hall.) One day she’s comedian. The next day she’s a philosopher. The next day she’s just a girl, trying to make things work with a boy, all the while taking a pint of Ben and Jerrys to the head. And the whole time, you’re reading the post and thinking to yourself, “Now THERE is a girl I’d like to get to know better.”
Because you can just tell that there’s a whole lot of awesome going on underneath the surface, and you can’t wait to hear what she says next.
In short, I kind of have a girl-crush on her.
Interpret that as you will…

One of her most memorable posts:
On July 21, she came out with this gem.
And. Blew. My. Mind.
Not so much in a “path to self-enlightment” way, but more in a “Nessie exists” kind of way.
This bizarre-yet-logical kind of thinking? Is right up my alley.
If you’re too lazy to click the post (and seriously, you’re going to be THAT lazy?), she pretty much makes a convincing argument why aquatic dinosaurs could and probably are still living in the ocean (which, by the way, we know less about than the surface of the Moon. How crazy is THAT shit?). But that’s all I’m going to say, because if you really ARE too lazy to click on the link, then you clearly don’t deserve to receive the knowledge that she’s dropping on you in that post.
All I WILL say is that you probably shouldn’t ever go in the ocean again. But then again, your ass is probably too lazy to even get in the ocean to begin with. You probably just sit on the beach like a lump and stare at the water, listening to your unreasonably loud radio, and chain-smoking upwind from that 2-year old.

For shame.

Anyway, there you have it.
Erin over at Dharma Drama is first-class all the way. Stop by her blog and earn some good karma. You might even been enlightened in the process.

Who will be my next Featured Follower? Stay tuned to find out.


And if you want to be in the running, you’d better hit that “follow” button right quick, and it probably couldn’t hurt to leave me a comment or two.

Because I am very, VERY susceptible to flattery.

10 comments:

Travis said...

Have I mentioned how great your ass looks in this blog? I'm just sayin.

Erin said...

Wow!! Thank you so much. My bofriend is the only one who writes about me and he kind of has to since I'm doing him.
This made my day!

Erin said...

Oh, and the girl-crush is totally mutual.

Mike Sturm said...

It's about time that someone recognizes this special lady (and I'm not just saying that because she's sexing me). Furthermore, it's high time that someone recognize the specific post that you did. That post was actually born in a discussion we had back near the beginning of our relationship. Being a strict follower of logic, and inclined toward skepticism, it scratched my itch. Truth be told, it may or may not have secured my undying love for her.

Due to your flattering recognition of my other half, I shall now follow you.

Elise said...

Nice idea! Keep going with it.

phairhead said...

ha! nice pick. cerebral and witty. now wonder you have crush : )

Kim said...

I love Erin! Great choice!

adrienzgirl said...

I just followed your trail of comments on blogs I followed all the way back to you, and then I got a 2 for 1 special, you and Dharma. Now that's hot! :P

Leah Rubin said...

Good thinking, and well-done, etc. I didn't know about the dear girl, and now I do! See how helpful you are? Thanks!

Mr. Apron said...

Your blog is the Jesus Freak's answer to Jesus.