Sunday, January 24, 2010

Another Round of Guest Bloggin'

When my favorite redneck inbred fisherman blogger Travis from I Like To Fish said he would be a guest blogger on my blog, I responded with the following email:

Travis.
Have I told you lately that you're awesome? Because you are, and I don't care WHAT those other people have been saying about you.

So I guess just write up a guest blog and email it to me and I'll pimp you for all that you're worth (and you better be woth a LOT because I don't want to have to choke a bitch)

Am I kidding?
You don't want to have to find out.

DESPITE this email, he sent me his guest blog.

So let's hear it for Travis: any guy who can put up with my crap and still continue to converse with me is a national hero.
Or an idiot.
Or my husband.

And away we go...

**************************************

I always dreamed of the day I’d be on Lily’s…

…blog.

What did you think I was gonna say? Hell, her husband is a firefighter. Nuff said.

Anyfire, I have been thinking of something to post about, knowing that iffen it goes on Lily’s blog, it’s gotta be LEGIT, son.

At first, I was going to have my fish talk to her fish. But then, two of my fish, Irwin Linker and Doc, died.

It was sad times in the Sloat household, but mostly, it’s sad in the tank, because their corpses have been kind of floating there for a couple of days. I’m the world’s worst pet owner, despite what Lily says about herself. So my fish don’t want to do any talking, because, “Until you get these fuckin bodies outta here, we’re not doing SHIT.”

My fish have potty mouths.

Then I figured out that I could totally talk about stuff I CAN’T talk about on my blog, because everyone that reads mine doesn’t read hers, although they should, because she’s awesome.

Then I realized that after telling the entire internet that I have a small penis, there is very little that I WON’T bring up on my own blog. So that’s a bust.

I could repost, but according to Ed, that’s lazy and beneath any blogger ever.

The time between that last sentence and this one was about 36 hours.

Something has happened in that time, and as it turns out, the blog has been dropped in my lap.

You see, I’m a Duke Blue Devils fan.

I saw “The Shot” in 1992, and I’ve been a fan ever since.

I am a DIE HARD fan. I do not take shit talking lightly.

So when I get a text from my uncle yesterday that said, “Duke sux.” I pointed out in a language free way that they were ahead of UNC in the rankings.

Keeping it polite at first, right? I mean, no need to get rude. Yet.

Then I got this message back.

“Season rankings don’t matter, they’ll choke in the tourney.”

So I sent back,

“That’s better than what UNC will do, which is take it up the ass.”

What? Don’t judge me. I was classy the first time, and really, I shouldn’t have been.

Here’s what I didn’t realize.

You see, on the other end of that phone was NOT my forty some-odd year old uncle.

It was his 10-year-old son.

Yeah.

I just kind of explained the facts of life to my 10-year-old cousin.

I can just hear the conversation that took place after this message was read.

“Daddy, what does taking it up the ass mean? And why is UNC going to do it?”

To my surprise, I haven’t heard much back on this, and I imagine I won’t for a couple of days, because they’ll probably be spending that time trying to explain to their child what “taking it up the ass” means.

Is there a moral here?

Absolutely.

Don’t give your child a cell phone and tell them to talk shit about Duke to a Duke fan. Otherwise, your son will think anal sex is the way babies are made for the rest of his life.

Holy shit.

What if we could convince WOMEN of that?!

I’m onto something here, fellas. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Stay up, Lily’s homies.

Come see me sometime.

Unless, of course, you are a UNC fan.

In that case, why don’t you get a head start on the ass taking?

18 comments:

Travis said...

Is it bad if you are the first comment on your own guest blog? I hope not, cause I'm totally doing it.

Thanks for the opportunity, Lily!

Lauren said...

Well you know, kids these days learn about stuff much earlier than we did. Or maybe I was just sheltered growing up, which is really entirely possible. Anyway, I think you did him a favor. Kid's gotta be aware of these things!

adrienzgirl said...

TravyG is clASSy....

Unknown said...

roflmbo only you Travis could smack talk a 10 yr old sighsssss what am I gonna do with you young man. And we had a discussion on the penis thing did ya know the true AVERAGE length is 5 inches trav 5 inches!!! not exactly what you guys seem to think is enough.. geesh..

MrsBlogAlot said...

Poor kid. btw, there is NO convincing us. (-:

Great post!

Shelly Rayedeane said...

We can never hide our own actions from our children.

In the end, the truth will always come out one way or the other.

Dame Nuisance said...

Sorry dude. Ass is clearly posted: Exit only.

Anyhoo-hah, I'm sure your brother and SIL are having a dee-light-full time telling Sonny Boy how Uncle Trav needs to have his meds adjusted and to not worry about what he said in his text at all. And next Christmas, Sonny Boy will be finding soap on a rope in his Christmas stocking ... new side-line for Lee THFQ?

Note to self: Do NOT mess with Travis re: Duke basketball. That boy is RABID.

Tracie said...

Someone tried to pull that on me in high school. He had a small schlong but I still turned him down.

Shany said...

Oh crap...here I go...

At the risk of losing one of only seven followers I have, I can't seem to help myself...

I hate Duke...because of the 1992 season. I am a born and bred Hoosier disciple of Bobby Knight and was a student that fateful night that Duke beat Indiana in the Final Four...

Nothing kills a party quicker than a Final Four loss...sob...sob...sob

Still love ya tho...I'm trying not to hold your love of Duke against you.

The Office Scribe said...

Um, Travis, I somehow cheating on me.

Love,

The Office Scribe

Unknown said...

I have actually accidentally trashed talked a kid on a cell phone. The parents weren't mad because they hear worse in the house. But I personally felt bad for a really long time.

Great guest blog. :)

Lothiriel said...

LOL! I texted my husband about my friend and how ridiculous she was being....except I sent the text to her instead of my hubby.

I have one less friend, now.

Ed said...

It's always nice that Travis is able to use his limited opportunities for self promotion to take pot shots at me and the WORLD'S GREATEST COLLEGE BASKETBALL TEAM OF ALL-TIME THROUGHOUT HISTORY...The North Carolina TAR HEELS!!!!!!!!

Why to waste your post, dude.

See, I would have spent MY post talking about what a great writer Lily was, and how funny and pretty she is, and how her hubs saves thousands of lives, and blah,blah,blah....and then thrown a little shout out to myself.

But that's just me.


Still love ya Travis. But only because Jesus tells me too.

Mr. Apron said...

I'm sorry, being a former and recovering theatre-major I found myself a tad confused by some (okay, all) of this guest blog.

Is an "UNC fan" a zealous supporter of Uncle Ben?

Confirmation requested.

Sincerely,
Mr. Apron

Ducky said...

I tattoed DO NOT ENTER right above my crack...sorry...I know hubs can read.

Glad to see someone else is putting the ass in clASS, Travy G

Cassie said...

The potty mouths are the entire reason I don't own fish.

Laurie said...

I once sent what I thought was a picture of an ugly ass foot in a strappy sandal to my thirteen year old niece. The caption said "Don't make me stick my foot up your ass." The day before I had been lecturing her about her grades when this text arrived. A few days later, I showed the pic to a friend that says you can tell if a woman takes care of herself based on the condition of her feet when he informed me that it wasn't a foot.

It was a big ass dick that someone had strapped a sandal onto. I really need to get my eyes checked. And I hope I didn't scar my niece for life.

Christina Harper said...

I once had a ten year old talk about dirty kinky sex stuff I've never even thought about. I took very thorough notes, by the way, and will be selling them on ebay for all interested bidders.