Friday, January 8, 2010

The Logic Was Flawed From The Start

So, maybe it's the wine talking...but I'm feeling a bit better.

Sure, I'm three-quarters into a bottle of Snoqualmie Reisling (which is not my first choice, but beggars can't be choosers), but I'll be damned if I'm not starting to feel a bit better about my predicament.

Did your comments help?
You're FUCKING RIGHT they did.

And they made me realize that no matter what happens, I'm a capable, relatively intelligent individual (you can stop snickering now) and there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to pull this off.

Sure, I don't have a job.
Sure, I don't have a reliable source of income or any prospects.
Sure I...uh...oh...erm...what was I saying? No job? No income?
Uhhhh....

Rrrriigghhtt.

Regardless.
This three-quarters of a bottle of Snoqualmie Reisling says that I should try to take a more optimistic attitude, so there you have it. The Reisling says to be positive, and so I must.

Thank you for all of your support. I know I've been leaning on you guys a bit heavily as of late, but let's chalk it up to a passing phase.

In the meantime, let's just hope that no potential employers or clients stumble upon this blog.

...and if you happen to be a potential employer or client, allow me to point out that if I can write this well now, then just imagine how well I can write when I'm sober.

(remind me to delete this blog in the morning)

6 comments:

June said...

It would really suck if a potential employer stumbled upon my blog! When I actually start a serious job hunt I may have to shut down or change my url.

Riesling is always a good choice but I have moved onto the good old reds! And have found many good ones at a very good unemployed cost!!

adrienzgirl said...

I am glad I did the ol' clickety click click this evening. It sucks when my blog buddies get on a good rant or drunk blog and then delete once the beer, or wine goggles have been removed. I always miss all the good shit. But not tonight!

Love you Lily, everything will be alllllllllllllright! Even the Vino said so!

Ed said...

Best Wine-O Post Evah!

Elle said...

Wine fixes EVERYTHING!

I've sucked at commenting lately (damn job allows me to read the posts, but blocks any commenting), but I want you to know that I've been reading and following as always! Your material is still just as awesome and I'm not going anywhere.

I'm sorry to hear about the hiccup with the source of income, but maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Either way, I comment your courage to let go of the job you disliked. You have NO idea how many times I want to do that on any given day.

To good things in 2010!!!

sas said...

few things bring more joy to followers than a tipsy blog post.

brilliant!

Kim said...

Drunk blogging is truth blogging.