Thursday, January 7, 2010

Gratitude, And A Stripper

Can we just talk, for a second, about how awesome you guys are?
I mean seriously, on an awesome scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is "watching your basement flood" and 10 is "free, all-you-can-eat dessert buffet," you guys are, like, a 12.

Seriously.

I was having a major panic attack about the blog yesterday. What might have seemed like a whiny bitchfest in which I was fishing for complements was in all seriousness a true identity crisis where I questioned some pretty significant aspects about what I believed to be part of my personality.

I mean, if I'm not a writer, and not a funny person....who am I.

Who am I without my blog?
Who am I without my readers?

It was these sort of questions that I was grappling with yesterday when I realized that I ONCE AGAIN had zero inspiration and wondered if it would ever come back, or if I would be forced to walk away from this blog.

And thanks to you, my super-awesome readers, I'm feeling a lot more optimistic. Which is not exactly funny or inspired, but I'll take it.

So I would like to give you all an "air five," and invite you in for a group hug, because I am seriously feeling the love today.

Which just goes to show that without you guys? I'd be just that much more lost.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
And now I leave you with this cartoon, which is in no way relevant to the above discussion (which makes it that much more special, don't you think?)

9 comments:

Ed said...

Awesome Cartoon.

Glad your back to your Silly Lily self.

I would be lost without my little Liberal.

I should do a special feature post on you, maybe send some readers your way.

Oh wait, that's right. You are mad at me for something. I almost forgot that you no longer talk to me or acknowledge my existence.

What a shame. That feature thing would have been soooo HOT!

Unknown said...

love that cartoon site...reminds me I haven't visited there lately.

Travis said...

Do I have permission to grab your ass during the hug?

Erin said...

I love that little cartoon. The pressure to blog is definitely something that I have felt, but then ignored as I have entered hibernation.

carissajaded said...

I'm glad you are feeling better today!!! Cyber hug!

phairhead said...

bitchin' cartoon!!!

chin up, matey :D

Mr. Apron said...

Oh, you firefighters wives-- you are always privy to the most touching cartoon supply.

adrienzgirl said...

So basically the cartoon stripper is you swingin' on your fireman's pole and he knocked you unconscious running out to save a cat in a tree?

So you had head trauma and now you are recovered and back to Lily the Great!

WOO HOO!

Elise said...

Well, I'm glad SOMEONE around here loves me. ;-)