Friday, January 1, 2010

This Is The Dawning Of The Age Of Aquarius...Or Something Like That

2010, huh?

Well, its a nice even number, although for the life of me I can't figure out why we're not driving around in hover-cars yet.

It's the future, bitches. I was promised hover-cars. Get on that shit.

Another year has come and gone, and my oh my, what a year it was.
There was an Ice Hotel.
There was a broken wrist.
There was a divorce and a wedding and a new puppy and a job resignation.
In other words, 2009 was jam-packed with events, most of them falling into the awesome category, with the exception of my broken wrist.

(we're still not sure where the adoption of Milo falls on that scale)

What 2010 has in store for me is anybodys guess.
For sure, there will be some bumps in the road. After all, the sweet just ain't as sweet without the bitter, right?
And I'm okay with that.
Because everything that I am today is the result of past obstacles that were, in one way or another, overcome.
And just as reliably, there will be good times too.
Brian will see to that.
I will see to that.

So with this entry, I say goodbye to 2009.
Goodbye to the past, with its ups and downs; with its joys and sorrows; with its moments, both bitter and sweet.
Goodbye to the past, that unchangable thing that forever records our deeds, both admirable and admonishable, with endless precision.
Goodbye to the tears that I shed. Goodbye to the laughs that came deep from my belly. Goodbye to the moments, each and every one, that led me to where I am today.

Hello 2010.
I can't wait to get to know you...

4 comments:

Meg said...

Great post! Happy New Year!

Ed said...

I agree. I want my damn Hovercar.

And laserbeams.

Happy New Years.

anya said...

Cheers!

Elle said...

I'm with you on the hover cards. Damn Back to the Future II and it's false promises!!!

To an amazing New Year!