Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Well It Ain't Hookin' But It Pays The Rent

I had a "working interview" today with the veterinary clinic.
In the words of my good friend Nora, a "working interview" is code for, "As long as you don't burn the place down, you've pretty much got the job."

Well, I didn't burn the place down.
Nor do I think my references are going to say dastardly things about me (although betting on either is never a sure thing).

So I guess I would say that as long as my references check out, I have the job.
Which is great, because the office is sunny, the people are nice, and the time FLEW by while I was there.

Plus, I can finally start buying food again instead of waiting behind the Dunkin Donuts for them to throw out the day-old donuts.

"It's a bear claw! You have no idea how rare this is."

So life, it seems, is working itself out. I'm getting a few nibbles for my freelance career, I've found a small but stable source of income, and most importantly, I'm still free to sit at home all day long and listen to Milo do this:


8 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds great!

adrienzgirl said...

It's sounds like a cool job! You know, since you are so good with Milo and all....

Meg said...

Sounds awesome!!

Elise said...

The sound bite wouldn't play for me, dang it!

phairhead said...

me neither :(

Ed said...

me either, but congrats on the job

Mr. Apron said...

Waiting by the dumpster at Dunkin' Donuts is much more acceptable than waiting IN the dumpster at Dunkin' Donuts.

You're alright, kid.

Anonymous said...

omg I would kill him. (Milo)