Saturday, January 2, 2010

We're On A First-Name Basis

So it's 12:12 am, and I'm finally taking a break from my most recent addiction: Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Rollercoaster Tycoon (or RT, as I like to call him) and I have a fickle relationship. We run hot for a while. I play him nonstop, to the point where I stop performing crucial tasks like bathing and speaking in full sentences. But inevitably, the fire goes out, and RT sits on a shelf for months on end without so much as a second thought.

I guess we're rekindling our romance.
It's the only way I can explain that I'm awake at 12:12...well, 12:17 now...in the morning.

Brian doesn't seem to mind.
He's currently having an affair with Wii baseball. He and the Wii do their thing, and the computer and I do ours.

Hey, whatever works, right?

So tomorrow, I may be forced to do something drastic.
Like, put RT somewhere where he's difficult to access - like the attic - and hope that I can beat this addiction once and for all.

It's just that, well, the real world isn't as much FUN as life in RT.
Where are the Hyper Coasters?
Where are the Wild Wild West shows?
Where are the Lemonade Stands and Balloon Stalls?

As far as I can tell, the real world just has a heckuva lot of dirty dishes and a 6-foot pile of laundry.

So this is my most recent struggle. To live life, or play RT.

Hmmmm....

If anybody needs me, I'll be at the Wild Wild West show.

6 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

You slay me with your addictions. At least they are all "virtual".

Is there one where you can be a "virtual crack whore" or a "virtual pimp" so you can smack some bitches up?

That would interest me.

Travis said...

Hell, you might as well live vicariously through a video game.

I want a Wii so bad. I almost had one one time, and then I didn't.

It has to do with my wife being smarter than me.

Julia said...

happy new year!

Ed said...

I was addicted to the Tycoon also, and then I reached the point where my park was full and II couldn't expand any further without getting my friends to join, and none would, which ended my addiction. It was like an intervention by apathy.

June said...

My blogging addiction is bad enough, good thing I am not a gamer!

Mr. Apron said...

I can't believe you're forsaking us for a goddamn game.

I mean, forget that you're forsaking Brian.

You already married him.

What about US?!