Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Heck, I Wouldn't Follow Me Either

Oh, Follower #71...
...you're right. You're absolutely, unequivocally right.

I've let down my readers. Heck, I've let down myself.
My blogs, lately, are crap.
There's no other way to put it.

You see, for the first time since I left college, I'm 100% happy with how my days are being spent. And while this is incredibly fortunate for my overall well-being, as it turns out, Happy Lily is not a great blogger.

In fact, Happy Lily isn't a decent blogger either. She's not even a run-of-the-mill blogger.

She's shitty, uncreative, unentertaining blogger with a penchant for senseless rambling performed in her pajamas. And as Happy Lily is learning, an awesome Ghostbusters reference does not an excellent blog make.

Oh, Follower #71, you totally called it.
I'm not worth following, lately.

But what can I do?
When I was a frustrated caged animal, forced to stare at a screen for 8 hours straight, surrounded by characters that were so bizarre that they were worthy of their own television series, writing came easy. I was full of anger and sarcasm, "piss and vinegar" as my grandfather would have put it (not that he's dead, but he's almost 89, so he doesn't really say much anymore,plus at 89, you're pretty much dead anyway).

But now all happy and relaxed and, "wow, isn't life great? Let's grab a latte and catch up!" and my blog - my poor, poor, blog - is only a shadow of what it was in its glory days.

This is the best visual representation of what I have been doing lately to Tapdancing in the Dark, and I think you'll agree:

So my apologies for essentially shitting all over this blog. I'm not proud of it.

Will I regain my creativity?
Perhaps.
I'm hoping that once I find my new routine amongst the chaos of my current lifestyle, my ability to blog will return.
But who knows?

In the meantime, I don't blame any one of you for ceasing to follow this monstrosity of a blog.

I can only beg your pardon, and hope to god that someone pisses me off enough to spark a decent blog.

Any takers?

15 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, even happy lily can make me laugh, i'm not going anywhere.

sorry can't get rid of me that easily

Erin said...

I enjoy any version of Lily. And Milo looks like he knows he being photographed for the internet.

Ed said...

You know I'm always up for a fight.

In the meantime, hang in there.

This is just a wall.

A wall covered in Smiley faces and flowers and rainbows and unemployed bliss.

Eventually, mother nature will visit in the form of aunt Flo, and you'll be back to your Bitchtastically funny self.

We still luv ya.

Travis said...

Lily,

I would never unfollow you. Hell, I've enjoyed your blog veddy much the last few posts.

Maybe I can kill your crops in Farmville?

Why aren't we Facebook friends?

Seriously.

Friend me, Lily. If you've ever really loved me, you'll friend me.

Emily said...

Much better to be happy in life than unhappy but a hilarious blogger. Which you still are, anyway. So enjoy your real life! And with our family, I'm sure there will ALWAYS be weird characters and happenings to blog about.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
adrienzgirl said...

Who the heck said Ghostbuster references doesn't a good blog make? Tell me, cause I am gonna go kickety kick kick kick their arse baby!

I think you are funny, and creative. I just like the way your mind works.

I think maybe Lily is missing the piss and vinegar a little. No? Go to Wal-Mart, hang out for an hour, you will be all spun up by the time you get back home. :D

Unknown said...

I became the new follower number 71, so now I can read your shitty blog. :)

drewrowland.blogspot.com

Kim said...

I'm still here. I appreciate the Ghostbusters references.

PorkStar said...

I for one am not going anywhere either. First of, you are a total hottie with a super fine ass, even if I actually have to imagine it comapre to the excess area that by it seems to have gained. That is still worth following anyways. The blog, not just the ass. Additionally, you are still funny regardless of how shitty your posts become. If you don't have any of those characters from work anymore around you, there's plenty of Milo who i'm sure will make good blog fodder for the rest of your life. Just looking at that picture it makes me write a short story (or blog post) in itself.

Look at how cute and vulnerable that little evil creature looks there. Just because he's taking a shit (the vulnerable position) doesn't mean he ain't capable of creating havoc.

I'm sure at any given moment he can just get up, turn around, pick it up with his mouth and hurl that shit aroound (literally).

See? there's a blog post idea right there.

You ain't getting rid of me easily either. I'm the blog version of a perpetual yeast infection. So i'm staying here.

: )

carissajaded said...

Do you want us to start saying mean things to provoke you?? Not that I would mean it, but I would do it for you. Just saying.

But honestly, I think we all go through times when we're not so inspired. I am always entertained, so just write what you feel and when you feel it!

Mr. Apron said...

If you say "Heck" one more time, I will unfollow you.

Nah, jk, yo. I'll stick by you, and I don't even know what your ass looks like.

Anonymous said...

I'll be back. Nobody ever said I was smart. Glutton for punishment, yes, that I've heard. C'mon, give me your best or worst shot. What can it hurt? (famous last words of Elmer Samuels)
Tomorrow soon enough for ya?
See ya then.
Greg

Elise said...

Kwitcherbellyakin!! You have 71 followers. I think you could plagiarize the phone book and we'd all still love your blog. You're just in a life-change-lull-thing. Enjoy while you can.

anya said...

FYI. I am on vacation. In fuckingglorious HAWAII and guess who is still reading your blog every day?
Me. Follower number 8 or therabouts.
How's that for a compliment?