Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bonus Sunday Post: Happy Campers

Well, another 4th of July has come and gone. BBQ was eaten, parades were viewed, and fireworks were launched with abandon. Or so I heard.

Brian and I spent last night recuperating from Milo's first camping trip, which meant that we parked ourselves on the tempurpedic and didn't move for the rest of the evening. Not that the trip was in any way un-fun, but when you shove two humans, a grochy lab/dalmation mix, and a manic puppy with ADHD into a 3-person tent, you're pretty much guarenteed to not get the greatest nights sleep.

In all actuality, the camping trip was a big success. Everybody (mostly) stayed in the campsite. Everybody (mostly) slept through the night. Nobody died, and nobody got returned to the animal shelter from whence they came (I think we all know who I'm talking about here).

A few random shots:






Milo was particularly ridiculous on this trip.


Here he is after burying a bone that we gave him. I thought dogs only did that in the movies, but our little street urchin was definitely saving that bitch for later.


He also found about 8 different ways to sit on the camping chairs


And dad's lap.
(Who brings wine on camping trips? We do.)



A few shots of our day hike and the Blue Rocks boulder field:


And on the second night, we were joined by my lovely friend Crystal.

...who is the only person I know who would bring a pashmina to a campsite. This woman is all class. I have no idea why she wastes her time with us.

So, that's about it. We're home and rested, and I'm pretty sure I can hear Milo chewing on the furniture in our sunroom as we speak, which is my cue to leave.

I hope everybody enjoyed their 4th of July (or Canada Day, which is myseriously close to the 4th of July, which to SOME people suggests that they copied off of us, but I'm not judging). Tomorrow I'm back to the grind, so I'm going to spend the rest of the day enjoying the weather and attending yet another social event.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Haha those dog pictures are so cute. It amazes me how they can be comfortable anyplace.

carrie @ brick city love said...

You're so outdoorsy.

PorkStar said...

the pics are nice and you are definitely cute and hhhawwwwwwwttt!!!!

Where did you guys go again?

Emily said...

How can you resist those Milo eyes though? I love that Brian sent me a picture on my cell phone on either Friday or Saturday. BFFs!

Anonymous said...

I needed some of that wine on my camping trip. I was desperate for some liquid relaxation. You're very smart.

Erin said...

These pictures are so cute. You look so good while roughing it in the woods. I don't think I could maintain a happy face after sleeping in a tent.

phairhead said...

looks like a hi-larious time. you look super cute in that hat, mama