Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Recap, And Another Pet. Or, A Thousand Reasons Why I Might Very Well Murder Someone (Or Thing) Today

I know what you guys are thinking.
You're thinking, "Hey, now that Bluefish is gone, Lily could probably use another animal."

Well, surprise surprise, we now have another cat.

Luckily, this is only a temporary situation, but I'm going to give you a moment to imagine the chaos that 2 dogs and 3 cats can inflict, even if only temporarily, at Christmastime.

...

Breathtaking, isn't it?
In an apocolyptic kind of way?

You see, my sister came to visit a few days ago.

And she brought this cat, who belongs to her ex-roommate, who had nobody to watch it while she was with her family. So Emily brings this cat here because, hey, what's one more animal when you're already overrun with 'em?
So the cat is here. His name is Monty. He gets along with everybody. Including the tree. And the ornaments. And the muffins I baked for brunch yesterday. (he REALLY gets along well with the blueberry muffins, as I found out this morning).

But it was a small price to pay to spend some quality time with my sister.

Imagine, if you will, a woman who is like me, but more dramatic, and with a greater love for pastry.

That's Em.

She and I went into the city on Wednesday to criticize Cezanne and marvel at medieval weaponry at the Philadelphia Museum of Art (and note to self: I'm pretty sure the world does not want my sister to get her hands on a medieval battle axe). Thursday, she came with me to a particularly entertaining riding lesson in which I was just about launched head first into a wall when the horse I was riding decided to have a complete mental breakdown.

It was fun.
Moreso for her, than for me.

After that, we headed to my inlaws for dinner with aunts, uncles, cousins, and miscellaneous children.

And yesterday.
Oh...yesterday.
Yesterday, when our first Christmas had to be equally divided between about a million family members.
Yesterday, when I had to pull together a brunch for 10 people, which was then decreased to 8 people when my grandparents decided, 1 hour before go-time, that they didn't want to come over afterall.
"Why," you ask?
Why do they do anything?
Because they're old.
And that's pretty much the only excuse I can use with them.

So it was my mother and sister in the morning. And then we were joined by Brians' parents, aunt, and uncle for brunch. And then his parents, Brian and I drove to to PA to have dinner with his other aunt and uncle and cousins.

And then his parents came BACK to our house to do presents.

So the whole evening wrapped up at around 10:30 or so.
And I think we can all imagine how cranky I was by this point.

So today, there will be a whole lot of nothing going on in our household.
And it will be fabulous.

Except, of course, for the fact that we have 3 cats and 2 dogs that are all trying to simultaneously harass each other.

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas.
I'm back, bitches.

3 comments:

Travis said...

I couldn't be happier that you are back!

Heh.

You have 69 followers.

Heh.

Ed said...

Glad you didn't go all Christopher Reeves on us.

Merry Christmas.

Emily said...

Yayy! That's me!