Thursday, June 11, 2009

Now With 40% Less Fright

Allright, pimps and hos, you have spoken and I have heard you:

56% of you think that my choice of blog heading picture was an act of brilliance, while 43% of you are whiny little pussies who probably sleep with the lights on.

I kid.

In all honesty, the picture even freaks me out a little bit. (but then again, I sleep with the lights on too).

But, since it was practically a tie, I was faced with a dilemma:
Do I change the picture or leave it? Do I settle for scaring nearly half of my readers (even more than I already do), or do I sacrifice my inherent genius for the masses?

I pondered.

And then it hit me:
Why not just make the current picture a little less frightening?

So there you go. As you can see, I put a bunny rabbit in it.

Because bunny rabbits are the least scary thing I could think of, unless you are a Monty Python fan, and then you realize that even rabbits are capable of despicable acts of violence.





So don’t even TRY to accuse me of not being nice to my readers, or I’ll be all “Oh no you DIH-ent” and refer you to this post.

Because I do it all for my fans.

16 comments:

anya said...

You are too funny!

Wheels said...

Hahahah bunnies make everything better!

Elle said...

Hahahah, but now it looks like the bunny might be turned into dinner later on. LOL, I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. Classic, though~

carrie said...

It's Lady!!!

Lily said...

Anya: damn right I am
Dubs: It's true, they do. Especially when they're made out of chocolate
Nelle: You have a sick, twisted mind.
Carrie: Actually i got the picture off of the web. But now that you mention it, it looks EXACTLY like her. Those were good times, until she died seizuring on the ground. Good times...

**Liz** said...

Completely fetch.

Mr. Apron said...

Um, look at the expression on this bunny's face.

He's either chromosomally-disordered or intoxicated on shoe polish.

Either way, the blog header is more scary now.

And I sleep with the lights off, thank you, but the door is always firmly closed to keep out the boogeyman/black people.

Jeanette said...

Bunnies are good, but bunnies with pancakes on their head are even cuter... just saying.

phairhead said...

the bunny is sinister, i would rather look at the drowning person.

Anonymous said...

The bunny freaked me out more than the picture. I'm sorry, I'm being difficult.

Emily said...

I agree, that bunny looks pissed off. Frightening.

Laura said...

Don't ask me why this just occurred to me now, but I can think of one instance (in addition to Monty Python) where bunny rabbits are decidedly unsoothing. If you haven't already, rent "Fatal Attraction." Glenn Close is one f-ed up chick.

PS - how did John code this project in ActiTime?

Taren said...

um, hello. my name is taren, and i think i love you.

Anonymous said...

hahhhah....'..Look at the BONES!!!' :D

Ashley said...

I like you!
I think we need to be friends now.

Kthanxbai!

Danielle said...

I am a new follower based on the '40% less scary post, the allowance of Travis to post, and mostly cuz of the Monty Python citing..'

we shall now be friends!

state your name, quest and favorite color!:)
Danielle

http://auddaniellesblog.blogspot.com/
http://dollard.wordpress.com/