Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cake and Anger (but not related)

Day 3 of copy *click* paste [repeat] and I’m ready to blow my fucking brains out.

This morning, I had to file an official complaint with HR about the condescending emails that get sent out (marked as “high priority,” of course) on a daily goddamn basis, complete with pom-poms and “rah rah rahs” and I know you have a B.A. and are a relatively intelligent individual, but here…let me help you manage your time and give you a fun tidbit about today’s search results.

Infuriating.

Am I overreacting? Perhaps. But seeing as I have nothing better to do with my time, I might as well open an HR complaint and see if maybe, just maybe, the emails will stop and there can be one less thing in my life that is making me want to walk out of this building and never come back.

Moving on…

I’d once again, like to talk to you about cake.
Specifically, wedding cake.
MY wedding cake.

Because I may not have invitations mailed, a dress purchased, or a catering menu set, but LORD KNOWS I’ve already picked out a wedding cake.

It’s all about priorities.

Last night Brian, Crystal and I headed over to Classic Cake Co. to eat free cake…er…sample the cakes and decided on a design.

We decided on something like this:



Which, in my humble opinion, is pretty kick-ass and is GUARENTEED to taste 100% smack-yo-mamma good. I won’t say what’s inside, but I will say that if you like fudge, raspberry moose, and/or mocha buttercream you’ll be a happy camper come October 10th (if you’re invited, that is. And if your not? Don’t be upset - the guest list is paired down, to say the least).

What’s not so good though? The price that they quoted me at, which was exactly 100 dead babies
I kid, but that’s kind of what it felt like

Actually, it worked out to be $9 per person (plus delivery).
And I’m thinking that unless this cake is dipped in gold and covered in precious stones (or at least bedazzled), it’s not worth the price.

Call me crazy, but if my cake costs more than my caterer, official, and photographer combined, then something is wrong with this picture. Granted, thanks to wonderful friends, my caterer, official, and photographer are going to cost nearly nothing, but still – the proportions are way off.

I mean, I love me some cake, but I don’t love me some $9-per-slice cake.
Not even at my own wedding.

So we’re off to a second bakery on Thursday to see if we can’t just find a price that is a bit more reasonable.
...And maybe eat some free cake in the process…

8 comments:

anya said...

OOH! Cake hunting! Can I come?

Elle said...

Ouch, that's a pretty hefty price tag. But mmm, cake!

Erin said...

That cake looks absolutely awesome, but yeah that's expensive for everyone. You and Brian are totally worth $9 a slice, but maybe you two can eat $50 worth of cakes and pass out those Krimpet things to the guests.

Emily said...

It's just because the cake has the word "wedding" attached to it that makes it so expensive. It automatically jacks the price up at least 30%. Can you believe most people are willing to pay that?! Dad made a kick-ass cake for our wedding...I'm just saying...

I also like Erin's idea.

carrie said...

Want me to make you cupcakes? I make a mean coconut cupcake & a pretty tasty devils food with white icing.

Although, I think tastykakes would be very you.

phairhead said...

ay chihuahua!

There's an official Twinkie wedding cake receipe.....

Anonymous said...

Just the words copy click paste make me want to kick myself in the balls. If I had any of course.

Unknown said...

that cake is stunning.