Friday, August 28, 2009

Wedding Wedding Thursday

Well, I guess I’m having a wedding!
(Yes, it’s a wedding post. Get over it.)

Yesterday turned out to be Wedding Wedding Thursday for the following reasons:
1. I ordered the wedding cake
2. My invitations came in the mail
3. My dress came in the mail too

Wow. That’s a big day, and I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to check things off on the GINORMOUS to-do list.

The Cake
You already know what it looks like (pic here), but I’m happy to announce that Red Carpet Cakes was able to cut the price practically in half. I’m also happy to announce that the tastes (and smells) coming from that bakery were enough to make me want to cry with joy, and my wedding cake is guaranteed to be THE BEST TASTING CAKE you’ve ever eaten in your life.
That’s a bold statement – I know. But if there’s one thing I know, its cake. And Red Carpet Cakes does cake like Monet does an impressionist painting.
Thanks, Carrie, for referring me to them! (BTW, they say your mom is in there, like, all the time, so either you guys are having parties that I’m not being invited to, or your mom has a serious cake addiction, and maybe she needs some help)

The Invitations
Love them.
Kind of want to marry Lauren Lowe at LaurenLoweDesign for making them for me.



[took pic out. Yeah, probably shouldn't have posted full names. I'm an idiot.]





Lauren Lowe did a stellar job creating these gorgeous invitations at a price that was more than reasonable. The invitations are wonderfully earthy yet refined and, dare I say, sophisticated? Elegant? And did I mention they’re printed on recycled paper? What’s not to love?!? And as far as customer service goes, Lauren Lowe is a pro. She was polite and efficient and 100% dedicated to making the invitations exactly how I wanted them. She even alerted me ASAP when Fed-Ex said that my address – the one printed on the invitations and RSVP cards – didn’t exist (which, btw, it does. Clearly I don’t live in some hollowed-out tree in the middle of the woods. But her alarm was evidence enough that she truly cares about her customers, which is always a good thing in my book).

So, mad props to Lauren Lowe. If you need invitations, go check her out. You won’t be disappointed (and you'll be doing the environment a solid).

The Dress
No, I’m not going to show a picture of the dress. Brian is having this raging battle going on inside him where he wants to see the dress now, but at the same time, he wants to wait until I’m walking down the aisle.


Cute, if not slightly schizophrenic.

So, just in case his curiosity gets the better of him and he starts snooping on my blog, I can’t in good conscience post pics of the dress.

But how about pics of me opening the box that CONTAINS the dress? Ooooohhhh!


I know – it’s not really the same. But check out that face I’m making in the first pic. If that isn’t just creepy, then I don’t know what is.

In summary, I have a cake, a dress, and invitations.
Huh, I guess we’re really doing this thing.
:-)

9 comments:

Kim said...

Cake, invitations and a dress are a big part out of the equation! Congrats on getting that done.

anya said...

I like reading about your wedding stuff! I'm a girl. But I'm glad I'm not planning one - I remember how much work it was. The invitations are really nice. Beautiful theme.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS AND WOOHOO!

thanks for your comment and any single firemen you can send my way is greatly appreciated. :D

Mr. Apron said...

Who needs your address? We've got you and your beau's full names!

Time to initiate Top Secret Infrared Plan Stalkerdedoodliewoodlie!

Erin said...

Congrats!!! I like reading the girly stuff as well. The invitations are really unique. I like them a lot.

Elle said...

Congratulations!!!! And I really do love those invites!

phairhead said...

love the invites. just the right amount of girlyness

carrie @ brick city love said...

Glad Red Carpet came through! And yes, Mom is in there all the time. She brings cupcakes up every Saturday they come to help with the house. If you come up you can have a cupcake. Clearly, I'm not above bribery.

Invites look great! {way to give the interwebs your whole names}

Jeanette said...

My bedspread looks like the your wedding invitation... well it has dandelions on it haha Yay for wedding stuff!