Monday, August 17, 2009

The Secret

Okay, after much, MUCH deliberation, I’ve decided to spill the beans. I’ve been trying to keep it on the DL for numerous reasons, but I had to be honest with myself:
You see, The Secret has been taking up so much hard drive in my little brain that to try and blog about any other subject would result in horrendously flat, boring, un-entertaining content.

And since I’m ALL about the quality blog content, I’ve decided to come clean (which does not necessarily mean that the quality will be maintained, but it’s my best shot)

[Sidenote: see what I’m doing here? I’m stalling]

I just need to come out with it; like ripping off a band-aid.
Okay…here goes.
Deep breath…

I’m getting married *flinch
…In two months
(well, 7 weeks and 5 days, but whose counting?)

This? Is crazy.
No, I take it back.
It’s Krazy with a K. THAT is how crazy..oops…krazy this is.

It’s Krazy because we only started planning it last week.
It’s Krazy because I’m not even sporting an engagement ring yet.
It’s Krazy because Brian won’t be officially divorced from his Ex until August 31 (if everything goes smoothly, and it better or so help me god….).

And my blogging about it is borderline Krazy, mostly because Brian, the dark and mysterious man that he is, wants to keep things as hush hush as possible until he’s officially divorced.

“That way,” he said “We won’t have to tell a million people that we’re delaying the wedding if the divorce gets flubbed.”
Flubbed? Is that a possibility? Ugh, I get nauseous even thinking about it.

Not to mention the fact that he’s just not comfortable telling anyone, anything of significance. Ever.
I’m surprised he’s willing to send out invitations; if it were up to him, he’d just tell a few people that we were having a party, and they’d show up to a surprise wedding.

He and I? Are not similar in this regard. Consequently, if it were up to me, I’d have a plane with a banner flying as we speak.
Because what fun is a secret if you cant tell everyone and their mom, right?

So…there you have it.
I’m getting married, and all that jazz.

I can promise that I won’t turn all bridezilla on your ass, but I can’t promise that wedding planning won’t occasionally rear it’s ugly head over the next two months, because let’s be honest; with only 2 months (well, 7 weeks and 5 days) until the big day, I’m gonna have a lot of wedding-type stuff on my plate

*Hear that sound? It was the sound of my 3 male readers hitting the “UnFollow” button.

Sorry guys. If I give a detailed account of the wedding night, will that make up for it?

Yeah...that's not gonna happen.

Or is it?!?

At any rate, I have a lot to do. Even though I’m planning the tiniest of tiny wedding ceremonies (read: a ceremony at the house with 40 guests), I'm quickly learning that even the smallest of wedding requires a LOT of preparation.

So hang in there, readers.
Because things are about to get a little rough.

But the good news?
At least I’ll be talking about cake.
aaaand possibly my wedding night. (Bow-chicka-bow-wow)

9 comments:

Abby said...

Congratulations! As a random internet stalker, I am very happy for you and I think you are awesome. I love your blog. It never ceases to make me laugh. I am excited for wedding planning. Bring it on.

anya said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you!

"and they live happily ever after!"

Organic Meatbag said...

Congratulations, crazy lady!

Jeanette said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! It seems so fitting after your post about how awesome he is!

Elle said...

Congratulations!!! Very happy for you and Brian!

PorkStar said...

OMG, I.CAN'T. BELIEVE THIS!

U getting married and suddenly I don't feel the urge to fantasize anymore.

Booo hooo :'(

Actually, married women make better lovers too, so not all hope is lost.

: )

Seriously, congratulations!! I hope you enjoy the preparations and everything for the big day.

I'm still going to follow you regardless, don't worry, I'm not a jealous person.

phairhead said...

congratulations!

Mr. Apron said...

Yay, marriage! It really is cool, in spite of what the vast majority of the world says.

It's nothing like how it's portrayed in "Fawlty Towers."

Well, almost nothing.

And I wouldn't unfollow you because you're getting married.

That'd be gay.

I'm sure you know what you're getting into by marrying an emergency services worker.

That's FUN!

P.S. There is only one kind of paper. Don't stress.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! As someone who was engaged for over a year I have to say I think you're doing the right thing and getting married quickly. Don't stress about the details. You're the only one who's going to remember them.