Friday, August 14, 2009

Lame

I’ve barely slept for two nights in a row, people.

TWO FREAKING NIGHTS!
Two nights in a row with less than 4 hours of sleep each.
Two days in a row where I’ve been a walking, talking zombie, only more cranky, and with worse hair, if you can imagine. But the desire to eat brains? Yeah, it's there and no, I have no idea what that means.

Also, I kind of want to punch myself in the face.

You see, I have all this stuff going on.
I wish I could tell you what it was about - I really do. But I can’t.

Not yet.
Damn Brian and his secretive, squirrely ways.

Rest assured that it’s all good stuff; stuff that I will be revealing when the time is right.

But until then….I can’t sleep.
I watch the clock.
I change positions again, and again, and again, and again.
I breathe deeply, in and out.
I watch boring TV, like the History channel.

[Sidenote: Did you know that the USS Thresher, a nuclear submarine constructed in 1958, was unable to blow her emergency ballast tanks and surface due to ice blocking the flow of air through the hoses?]

[Do you care? Yeah, I still don’t]

And my brain? Is acting like I plugged it directly into an electrical socket.
And I’m all, “Shut off, you stupid brain!”
And my brain is all “Make me,” and then makes that ttthhhbbbbbtttttt noise.

My brain, I’ve come to learn, is very, VERY childish.
And prone to activity at 3:00 in the morning, apparently.

So I regret to inform you that today’s post will consist of…well…the above, admittedly lame, content.

Because I’m tired.
And slow.
And lacking inspiration.

But the good news?
It’s Friday, people!
And I have a bottle of Tylenol PM waiting at home with my name all over it.

8 comments:

Lana said...

i hope you get some sleep soon. i was insomniac when i was pregs, such a nightmare, and it never goes away.

Elle said...

Hope everything's okay and that the sleep comes back soon! That is such a cute little cartoon, haha.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world. I never get more than a couple hours of sleep unless I drink myself into a coma. It sucks, but don't punch yourself in the face... It won't make you fall asleep.

anya said...

Hmm...a cliffhanger...

Have a good weekend Lily!

phairhead said...

where did you find the cute cartoon?

Erin said...

I hope you get some good sleep tonight. I'm the same way- if I don't sleep (or eat) I get real cranky.

Jeanette said...

I hope you don't even see this comment because you are sleeping through it... if not, take more tylenol P.M.

Mom2Peach said...

Hope you got some zzz's last night, my friend. When you wake up, check your yahoo mail account!