Friday, August 7, 2009

A Little Birthday Love Comin' Your Way

[Warning: this post might make you throw up; proceed with caution]

Yesterday was Brian’s birthday.

I was going to write a post on him, but there was that whole feeling like donkey poop thing, which really wasn’t conducive to writing (or doing anything else other than sitting with my forehead on my desk).

But today I’m feeling relatively better for reasons largely unbeknownst to me, so I’ll do a belated Birthday Post thang today instead.

So…

As I stated before, yesterday was Brian’s birthday.

I’ll refrain from revealing exactly how old he is, mostly because I like to discourage people from thinking about the fact that there was a time in our lives when our dating would have classified him as a pedophile.

Hot.

However, I will say that we had a smashing time last night eating about as much red meat as one typically ingests in the average year (I heart Brazilian Steakhouses) and drinking a bottle of wine that probably cost more than my car is worth.

After all, isn’t that how Jesus would spend HIS birthday?


Rriiigghhhttt
(2 posts in a row that mention Jesus? Plate Of Shrimp Theory!!!!)

Anyhoodle, this is Brian (Ladies, how cute is this guy? Am I right?).

As far as I’m concerned, Brian is the most awesome person I’ve ever met in my freaking life, and I’m not just saying that because I let him put his P in my V.

First off, he’s a firefighter. I mean…really? A real, live, firefighter? As in, running into burning buildings? Saving peoples’ lives?! Backdraft?!?
Yup.
That’s my man.
Say what you will, but this guy knows how to handle pressure.
He also is a pro at picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder (swoon) and lets me try on his gear, for which I will be forever in his debt.



Brian is also the most adventurous, diverse, open minded man that ever walked the planet. His various hobbies include (but are not limited to):
Mountain Biking
Skiing
Wine/beer tasting
Softball
Rock climbing
Cooking
Soccer
Backpacking
Hockey (street and ice)
Golf
Walking on water

Okay, I might have lied about that last one, but seriously, is there anything this guy can’t do? I feel like if I gave him a spork and a rubber band, he’d go all MacGyver on my ass and diffuse a bomb or something.
Plus, he's cute. Again, can I talk about how cute he is?

Sorry, I got off topic....
Anyway, he’s also an animal lover, which is great because we both love animals, but is not so great in that we now have two dogs, two cats, and a beta fish. There’s really nobody in the relationship to say “I think we have enough animals,” which is bound to cause some problems when the household pet-to-human ratio is 54439533865295 : 1, but the important thing is that we won’t fight about it.

Or…anything, for that matter. Strangely enough, Brian and I have never even gotten in a fight in the 15 months that we’ve been dating. We haven’t even come CLOSE to getting into a fight. And it’s certainly not because we hold back or act differently around each other; I think we’re just two lucky people who found partners with very similar tastes, values, and habits.
Here we are, sharing our love of animals and backpacking (not to mention peeing outdoors). Awwwww....

But seriously, we never fight. In fact, I have yet to reach a point with him where I just need some alone time. Truth is, I can’t get enough of the guy. I’m totally and utterly addicted to him. He’s my best friend, my partner in crime, my confidant, and my soulmate. He’s the whole package, and I’m a very, very lucky woman to be loved by someone as amazing as him.

And the icing on the cake? He treats me like gold. He takes the dogs out at night when I’m tired. He rubs my shoulders when I’m stressed. He leaves cards in my car to remind me how much he loves me. He cooks for me and cleans for me and, most amazing of all, actually puts up with my shit (which is a job in itself, let me tell you). I’ve never felt so pampered, so valued, or so loved.
See this pic (which we didn't even know was being taken, BTW)?

This is how he looks at me all the freaking time, even first thing in the morning when my hair is all wild and my breath is like woah.
Pinch me, because I must be dreaming.

So there you have it.
Brian, my firefighting, animal loving, mountain climbing, meal cooking, booze tasting, sports playing, me-loving boyfriend.

In a word? He’s awesome.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABE! We didn’t go to an Ice Hotel or anything, but I hope you still had a great day!

*Smooch!!!

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

Awww adorable post. Happy Birthday Brian!

Elle said...

SUCH a cute post, and that picture you didn't know was being taken of you is too adorable for words.

You're a lucky girl :).

Happy Birthday, Brian!!!

Erin said...

SO cute!!! You guys are perfect for each other. You snagged yourself a really good (and cute) man!

Unknown said...

wow, you're a lucky girl.

PorkStar said...

This is one awesome post and you two guys look adorable!

PorkStar said...

That pic of him staring at you is so freaking awesome! you guys look wonderful !!

By the way, you have an award on my blog, just because... also you may need the firefighter suit to get in.. and priest perhaps.

rachaelgking said...

Aw, I love the schmoop!

Also? I am SO getting that tshirt...

Emily said...

You two make me so happy, whether I'm at your wonderful house drinking wine with you or reading this blog. Happy Birthday Brian!

anya said...

I love romantic comedies with a happy ending. You guys are sweet.

phairhead said...

awww to the smoochies!

carrie @ brick city love said...

Now that I've finished cleaning the vomit off my office floor, I would like to wish the lucky man a HAPPY {belated} BIRTHDAY. Here's to you, Brian!

I would also like to note that our birthdays are less than 2 weeks apart (both capricorns) and our significant other's bdays are days apart (both leos). Capricorns & Leo's aren't typically compatible, as they are more different than similar. By most accounts, it should be a difficult relationship and yet it's solid as a rock.

Fun fact: The Obama's are the same combo - Michelle is a Capricorn & Barack is a Leo.