Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Adult Situations

Hmmm...there was something I was supposed to do. What was it?...
Oh right. Taxes.


I hate doing my taxes. It's probably because my mom swore to me that "once you're out of school, you'll never have to do homework again, but since you're still in school, you have to do it."


I'm not in school, but I still have to do my taxes. What gives? I'm on to you and your lies, mom!!!!

Taxes are completely confusing to me. I really don't understand write-offs and W2's and 1044 forms and the like. Honestly, not a clue. And my taxes seem ten times more daunting by the fact that I was married last year to a man who used to handle the taxes, so I have no idea how he filed or how to file that he's (thankfully) no longer in my life. Just thinking about it gives me a headache and an anxiety attack.
Soooo...I'm heading to H&R Block to have someone more intelligent than I handle them. BRILLIANT!
Yeah, I know they were involved in some million-dollar scandal in 2006, but hell, scandal or not, they still know more about filing taxes than I do. Heck, the way I figure it, they are so freaking good at filing taxes, they found ways to cheat at it. Hence...the scandal. We have a winner!


So this morning will be spent trying to wake up with the aid of copious amounts of coffee. Since I'm going back to work on Monday, I figure I'd better get used to waking up before 10:00 am (stop rolling your eyes - you'd wake up at 10:00 too if you were off on disability for 6 weeks). It's not going so well. My body now believes that 10 hours of sleep is a reasonable amount, and anything less is an obscene suggestion. ugghhhh. must. wake. up. Have they invented a coffee IV drip yet? Get on that, people!

Once I'm fully awake, I'll be heading to H&R Block (but don't tell anybody, because technically I haven't been cleared to drive by my doctor yet), and then to my physical therapy appointment where I will hopefully be cleared to work and drive, and then I'll be driving home safe and sound and covered by my auto insurance company. Fingers crossed. Of course, if the doctor said I couldn't drive or work for the next month, then I guess I'd just have to stay home for 4 more weeks. What a shame lol.


But seriously, I have to go back to work on Monday. Which sucks. But I shouldn't complain, because at least I HAVE a job, which is better than a lot of people out there.


So I guess the moral of today's post is:
Being an adult and having "adult" responsibilities blows goats. Period.


Okay, I'm off to shower and do "adult" things. I leave you with a dialogue from Calvin and Hobbes:


Calvin: The TV listings say this movie has “adult situations.” What are adult situations?
Hobbes: Probably things like going to work, paying bills and taxes, taking responsibilities...
Calvin: Wow, they don’t kid around when they say “for mature audiences.”
Hobbes: I’ve never understood how those movies make any money.

No comments: