Friday, April 17, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday. On A Friday.

Okay, first:
Here are better pics of Milo, as promised.

Ain’t he a cute little bugger?

Second:
This day is not going well at all. I’m tired, stressed, moody, and uncomfortable for the following reasons:
1. Grandma went BACK to the hospital again last night. She and the hospital are getting on pretty friendly terms, as she’s been there oh, I dunno, maybe 5 times in the past two months. She’s having these spells, and they can’t figure it out. It’s nothing new, but it’s always upsetting, and I was with my mom and grandfather in the ER until late last night. Well, I guess it wasn’t THAT late, but it pushed my bedtime back an hour or two, which always makes me useless the next day. I got the 24-oz coffee at Wawa today.
2. As it turns out, Milo is a pretty vocal dog, which is hilarious, unless you’re trying to sleep and he’s groaning and moaning in your ear all night. The poor little guy has a viral kennel cough which just has to run it’s course, but in the meantime he’s coughy and phlemgy and uncomfortable at night. Which means he flops around a lot. Which means that every time he flops, he groans dramatically. All. Night. Long.
3. Despite waking up 30 minutes earlier than normal to give Milo some time to stretch before he got locked in the crate all day, I was running late and got very flustered. I had one of those mornings when you try on, like, 10 different outfits before you get one that’ll work, which just messes everything up. Plus, I had to give Milo an anti-poopy pill (he’s got some stomach issues), which was a whole other fiasco. I put it in peanutbutter and he gagged and spit it out (what kind of dog doesn’t like peanut-butter??). And then I put it in some pork tenderloin, but he was mistrustful of me from the peanutbutter incident that he refused to eat it (what kind of dog refuses pork tenderloin??). So, I essentially had to cram it down his throat. And then he hated me which made me upset.
4. And then he hated me even MORE when I tossed him in his crate and left for work.
5. And then I hated me because I knew he would be in the crate all day because today was Brian’s last tour as a firefighter and nobody would be home to let him out.
6. And then I realized that the jeans I finally ended up wearing after my 10 outfit changes are really too tight because I’ve gained weight and haven’t had the time to lose it, so not only am I thinking about my fatty-fat-fat thighs, I’m uncomfortable to boot.
7. And then I spilled coffee on myself when I got to work. DOH!!!

Hey, at least it’s Friday, right? Word on the street is the weather is supposed to be beautiful tomorrow, so we will definitely be getting our quota of fresh air and puppies on Saturday. And Brian will be home all weekend (and every weekend henceforward...and every night of the week) thanks to his new position as Fire Official. HOT.

So I just need to put my morning behind me and focus on the next 4 ½ hours of work so I can get this weekend started ASAP!
Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: